IOSH Corporate Health and Safety Briefing
London 19 Sep 2018
£469.00 + VAT
The essential guide for directors and senior managers with strategic responsibility for implementing their organisation’s health and safety management.
£422.10 + VAT if booked online!
How well equipped is your organisation to deal with a serious accident or fatality at work and are you aware of the new health and safety sentencing guidelines?
The IOSH Corporate Health and Safety Briefing is a one day health and safety training course that International Workplace provide designed for people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management.
International Workplace is a leading IOSH provider and has specially designed this one-day corporate health and safety briefing to help directors and senior managers comply with health and safety legislation and to ensure that they discharge their duty of care towards employees, contractors and members of the public. The course covers the syllabus of IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors, and is approved by IOSH. There is a short practical assignment and brief written examination. In addition, this special briefing session updates delegates on the latest developments in health and safety law and practice, including the latest information on corporate manslaughter legislation and the IoDs/HSE guidance on directors and board members involvement in safety leadership. At the end of this course you will receive an IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Certificate.
Who should attend:
- Board level personnel
- Company secretaries
- Senior managers
- Policy advisors in the private and public sectors
- Health and safety consultants and advisors
5 reasons why you should attend:
- Learn from one of the UK’s leading authorities on corporate manslaughter and directors’ responsibilities.
- Find out how to protect your organisation’s finances and reputation by putting the right measures in place to avoid penalties.
- Gain certification from International Workplace and IOSH.
- Get all the information you need in one place with plain-English guidance backed up with comprehensive notes.
- Take away from this workshop, some easy to use tools to help you to assess your personal responsibilities.
By the end of this briefing delegates will be able to:
- appreciate that health and safety should be managed from the top layers of management;
- understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives;
- recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives;
- take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision-making and effective supply chain management;
- be aware of the consequences of failing to manage health and safety;
- understand the principles of a management system with the benefits of continual improvement and annual reporting; and
- Understand the requirements of current legislation with the potential consequences of non-compliance upon their organisation and themselves.
Location - London:
This course is run at our state of the art London training centre in the heart of the busy legal district of Clerkenwell. The International Workplace Executive Centre is London's premier training location and is designed to be the perfect place to hold corporate level courses such as this.
If you have a senior team that would prefer to study the IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors in house then we can also arrange a session at your premises on a date that suits you.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
This new and improved course combines content from each of the previous courses and allows senior staff to be trained consitantly no matter the size of their organisation. All face to face courses will now be delivered to this new syllabus.
International Workplace will still be running the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives eLearning course until later this year and the certificates will remain valid indefinitley.
Download the Corporate Health and Safety Briefing brochure for further information
Specially designed to help directors and senior managers comply with health and safety legislation and to ensure that they discharge their duty of care towards employees, contractors and members of the public.
The course covers the syllabus of IOSH Directing Safely, and is accredited by IOSH. There is a short practical assignment and brief written examination.
Designed for executive managers and directors and has no formal entry requirements.
9.30am Welcome and introduction
Principles of health and safety:
- Reasons for promoting health and safety in the workplace
- Role of directors and senior managers in ensuring health and safety
- HSE’s Revitalising Health and Safety Strategy document and future HSE strategy
- Definition of accident, root causes and cost of accidents
- Linking workplace safety to Corporate Governance
Regulation of health and safety in the UK:
- Powers of regulatory authorities
- HSE enforcement policy and what to expect if things go wrong
- Legal liabilities including corporate manslaughter
- Civil and criminal legal systems
- Duties of employers under health and safety law
- Principles of safe systems of work
Planning and performance:
- Risk assessment principles
- Understanding human behaviour
- Occupational health
- Relating performance standards to legal requirements
- Active and reactive monitoring
- Key performance indicators
IN FOCUS – Guidance on the Corporate Manslaughter & Corporate Homicide Act 2007
- Thorough review of the Corporate Manslaughter & Corporate Homicide Act 2007, to help you get to grips with new changes to legislation and ensure that your organisation isfully aware of the risks and penalties for non-compliance.
- Review of the IoD/HSE guidance for directors and board members on safety leadership.
- Overview of corporate governance agenda and protocols applicable to health and safety.
Conclusions and key take-aways:
- Importance of effective leadership in corporate governance
4.00pm IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors certification:
- Brief multiple choice examination and practical assignment
International Workplace Executive Centre, London, 19 Sep 2018
International Workplace Executive Centre,
13 Clerkenwell Road,
The International Workplace Executive Centre (IWEC) is a custom built training centre in the heart of London’s busy legal district and offers an ideal learning environment tailored specifically for International Workplace Training courses, it is also available to hire for any events.
IWEC is a 5-10 minute walk from both Barbican and Farringdon tube stations found on the Circle, Hammersmith and City and metropolitan tube lines (just one or two stops from Kings Cross).
£469.00 + VAT
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.
£249.00 + VAT
An International Workplace course to assist employers, managers and individuals in managing the risks of lone working
£15.00 + VAT
The International Workplace eLearning Library
A 12-month subscription to our range of 16 eLearning courses that provides an ideal introduction for onboarding and ongoing compliance purposes