Controlling hazardous substances (COSHH)
£15.00 + VAT
This course explores the hazards, risks and safety measures associated with various liquids, powders and gases that are used in a range of working environments.
Hazardous substances can harm your health. Every year, thousands of people working with these substances suffer breathing problems, skin disease and eye damage.
Controlling hazardous substances is a 30 to 40 minute online course designed to introduce the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH), which is the legislation that underpins safe working practice. This introductory course provides practical guidance to help preserve the health of anyone who might encounter hazardous substances at work. The course also presents the COSHH assessment process to help identify hazardous substance risks, the likely health effects and the recommended control measures.
Course creation date: 29 September 2016
Course unique reference number: edb1d894-56aa-46d1-bf0b-76331c6bd515
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- the definition and dangers of hazardous substances;
- the range of legislation covering hazardous substances;
- how hazardous substances adversely affect health;
- methods of identification for hazardous substances;
- guidance available for the safe use of hazardous substances; and
- the purpose and content of COSHH assessments.
Unit 1: Introduction to COSHH
- Defining hazardous substances
- Dangers of hazardous substances
Unit 2: COSHH Regulations
- Responsibilities of employers under the COSHH Regulations
- Responsibilities of employees under the COSHH Regulations
Unit 3: Health problems
- Health effects of hazardous substances
- Health risks associated with various occupations
Unit 4: Identifying hazardous substances
- The origins of a range of hazardous substances
- Methods of identification of hazardous substances
- Safety measures related to hazardous substances in the workplace
Unit 5: Controlling hazardous substances
- Control measures that can be implemented in response to working with hazardous substances
- Clothing, equipment and devices that can be used to maintain safety
Unit 6: COSHH assessments
- The purpose of a COSHH assessment
- Making an assessment
- Details included in assessments
Unit 7: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
- Instant access
- 30-40 mins study time
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
Display screen equipment (DSE)
Explains the risk and control measures that can be implemented in the working environment to ensure DSE is used safely.
£15.00 + VAT
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - Public Classroom
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can this refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
£249.00 + VAT
Practical guidance on lifting and carrying in the workplace, covering the requirements of the UK’s Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992