COSHH risk assessment
For those with a direct or indirect responsibility for the management of hazardous substances
Enquire now for pricing information.
The COSHH Risk Assessors course provides those responsible for controlling hazardous substances and related risks with a thorough understanding of the Regulations and the required knowledge and ability to confidently carry out COSHH assessments, and manage the implementation of any identified control measures.
The Control of Substances (Hazardous to Health) Regulations 2002 and the Chemical (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 2002 (CHIP) set out what employers must do in order to manage the risks associated with the use of hazardous substances. Employers must carry out a risk assessment, taking into account the actual use of hazardous substances. By doing this they can specify the appropriate control measures, including sources of ventilation and the provision of personal protection equipment.
- Types and properties of hazardous substances
- Routes of entry
- Associated health effects from exposure
- Overview of COSHH Regulations
- Understanding Workplace Exposure Levels (WELs)
- Requirements of European Regulation on the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Substances and Mixtures
- Control measures, including local exhaust ventilation
- Monitoring exposure and health surveillance
- Protective equipment, including selection of respiratory protection.
- Practical COSHH assessments exercise
Benefits to your organisation
This course will identify and assess hazardous substances in the workplace, enabling you to not only demonstrate your legal compliance with COSHH Regulations but also to put together plans to prevent and control these substances so that your business and your employees can work safely. Following the course you will be able to implement control measures and management plans that can prevent or reduce the likelihood of accidents or ill health from exposure to hazardous substances. The course will give you an understanding of COSHH Regulations and practical solutions you can apply in your workplace, reducing your reliance on external consultants and thereby reducing your costs.