£25.00 + VAT
Importance of collecting, using and saving personal and sensitive data appropriately to protect individuals’ rights and uphold an organisation’s reputation.
Data is a key driver in business intelligence and decision making. But along with the advantages that data brings to an organisation, what are the moral and legal risks in collecting, using and storing it?
Data protection is an introductory level eLearning course designed to introduce people who work with data to the key principles of the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the practical steps that can be taken to ensure compliance and how the basics of data protection in the workplace. This introductory online course is between 30 and 40 minutes and explores what data is, the reasons it might be collected to support business functions, the options for storing data, and – when using personal data – what legal implications this brings to your organisation.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: a0ecc447-4513-43e5-9271-8f92d8cacf59
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: What is personal data?
- The difference between data, personal data, and sensitive personal data
- Anonymised records
- Impact of data loss on the individual and the organisation
Unit 3: Introduction to the Data Protection Act
- The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
- Key DPA definitions
- Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Unit 4: Collecting and processing data lawfully
- 8 principles of DPA
- Privacy impact assessments
- Privacy notices
- Data sharing and data processors
- Registraiton with the ICO
- Importance of accurate and current data
- Subject access requests (SARs) and exemptions
- Rights of redress under the DPA
Unit 5: Security of personal data
- Data security, policies and procedures
- Best practice in data security
- Handling data incidents
- Processing data outside the European Economic Area
- Dealing with the unknown
Unit 6: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
This course is designed for people who have no previous knowledge of data protection or who are unfamiliar with the legal requirements of the DPA. The best practice priniciples of the DPA apply equally well to data protection in international markets.
- Instant access
- 30-40 mins study time
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email Ben Clement.
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads.
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Online
An essential qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety
£499.00 + VAT
NEBOSH NGC1 Management of Health and Safety Module - Online
This eLearning NEBOSH module forms the foundation of the NEBOSH Fire, NEBOSH Construction and NEBOSH National General Certificate