£15.00 + VAT
An online course covering environmental issues associated with business activities to protect the business as well as the environment
Looking at how organisations use natural resources and influence the environments in which they operate is becoming more and more important in today's society. This course will introduce legislation that aims to protect the planet and will also show how businesses can manage their impact on the environment.
Environmental awareness is an introductory level elearning course designed to introduce environmental issues and their relevance to business activities. The course is suitable for all non-specialist staff and outlines the ways that businesses exploit natural resources and influence the climate and natural world.
Course creation date: 4 November 2016
Course unique reference number: b4531e6f-dbb2-49ff-a2df-68faa4930704
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
Unit 1: Key environmental issues and their relevance to business
- The environment and what it provides
- Overview of how an organisation interacts with the environment
- Renewable and non-renewable natural resources
- The greenhouse effect and climate change
- Other global issues (biodiversity, ozone layer depletion, acid rain)
Unit 2: Impacts of pollution and the role of environmental legislation
- Pollution and the source-pathway-receptor model
- Pollution of air, water and land
- Scope of environmental law
- Consequences of non-compliance
Unit 3: Managing environmental risk within an organisation
- Ways of reducing use of natural resources
- Benefits of effective resource use
- The waste hierarchy and its application
- The Plan/Do/Check/Act model for managing environmental risk
- Benefits of improved environmental performance
Unit 4: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
At the end of the course you should have an understanding of:
- how businesses interact with the environment
- the importance of resource efficiency
- the risks associated with climate change and its effect on business
- the types of pollutants generated by business
- the scope of environmental legislation and the role of regulators
- the risks associated with pollution and non-compliance with legislation
- ways to improve resource efficiency
- the application of the waste hierarchy
- the benefits of environmental management systems
- Instant access
- 30-40 mins study time
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
IOSH Managing Safely - eLearning
This IOSH accredited eLearning course ensures managers and supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
£249.00 + VAT
Managing accidents and incidents
An International Workplace course to help manage accidents and incidents whilst reducing their impact.
£15.00 + VAT
Slips, trips and falls
Guidance on how slips and trips are caused, how to spot possible hazards, why preventing them is important and what can be done to tackle them
£15.00 + VAT
Stress and workplace wellbeing
Online course covering causes and effects of work-related stress and the UK Health and Safety Executive stress management standards