Equality in the Workplace
£15.00 + VAT
Essential guidance for employees on equality and diversity to meet the requirements of the UK Equality Act 2010.
In our increasingly diverse society, employers and employees have both moral and legal duties to ensure workplaces are positive environments for all colleagues to work.
Equality in the workplace is an introductory level eLearning course designed to introduce people to the key principles of the Equality Act 2010 and employer and employee responsibilities in complying with this legislation. The 30 to 40 minutes long training course explores the difference between equality and diversity, the various types of discrimination defined in legislation, and the compliance responsibilities of both employers and employees.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: 6ed6b3ff-895d-4d1b-b35e-cb6621d56b40
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: The difference between equality and diversity
- Defining equality in the workplace
- Defining diversity and its value to the workplace
Unit 3: The impact of equality legislation
- Introducing the Equality Act 2010
- Defining an individual’s nine protected characteristics
- How protected characteristics relate to employment
Unit 4: Discrimination
- The different categories of discrimination defined by the Equality Act 2010
- Recognising categories of discrimination from real-life case studies
- Who can claim discrimination against a company?
Unit 5: Employer and employee responsibilities
- What is an employer’s duty of care to their employees?
- What is an employee’s duty of care to their colleagues?
- Defining vicarious liability and its relation to cases of discrimination
Unit 6: Equality issues in the workplace
- Applying equality law in day-to-day work
- Exploring the potential for discrimination to arise from everyday practices
Unit 7: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
- Understand the difference between equality and diversity.
- Understand the impact of equality legislation.
- Understand the different forms of discrimination.
- Understand employer and employee responsibilities.
- Understand the potential equality issues in the workplace.
This course is designed for people who have no previous knowledge of the Act or who are unfamiliar with its legal requirements.
- Instant access
- 30-40 mins study time
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
We can also run this course face to face at your premises as an in company session.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads.
An international Workplace course to help premises managers, occupiers and contractors comply with their duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012.
£15.00 + VAT
IOSH Working Safely - Online
This IOSH accredited eLearning course offers health and safety basics - designed for people at any level in any sector.
£99.00 + VAT
NEBOSH Health and Well-being Certificate
This NEBOSH accredited qualification offers managers, supervisors and HR professionals the skills and knowledge to tackle health and well-being at work.