Evacuation chair use
Understand how to identify and use an assisted escape device and ensure compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Enquire now for pricing information.
Evacuation chairs are widely used by building managers as a means of escape for people who have difficulty in using stairs in the event of fire in a multi-storey building. They are popular throughout the UK and internationally. It is therefore essential that people are trained in its safe use if injuries and accidents are to be avoided. Use of the chair requires an understanding of who it is suitable for, and how to use it in the event of an emergency, including how to negotiate stairways.
- What is the role of an assisted escape device, and who will it assist?
- How to choose the right device(s) for your organisation.
- The issues to consider when using an escape device.
- Getting the person into the escape device.
- Vertical descent using the escape device.
- Carrying a person in an evacuation chair, including stairways.
- Looking after the person when out of the building.
Benefits to your organisation:
- This course will help you understand how to use an evacuation chair and how to avoid misuse.
- It will demonstrate the part that assisted escape devices can play in an overall strategy for means of escape for those with mobility issues users, and the training required to ensure that procedures are adhered to in practice.
- The course will enable you to meet the legislative requirements of safe evacuation in a cost effective manner. Protect both your staff and disabled / temporarily impaired people from further risk or injury.
CIPD Level 3 Award in Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employee Relations
An insight into the legal requirements impacting the employment relationship from start to finish
IEMA Leading with Environmental Sustainability - Public Classroom
This senior level course provides a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability to top level management.
ILM Level 5 Award - Public Classroom
Develop skills in core leadership and management abilities such as inspiring colleagues and delivering results.
£1,650.00 + VAT
Introduction to health and safety
Online training in the essential issues related to health and safety at work and the key areas when considering potential hazards
£25.00 + VAT
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.
£249.00 + VAT
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Day release
An essential day release qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety