£25.00 + VAT
An IOSH Approved course covering the key requirements of the UK’s Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the ILO’s Fire safety action checklist
This course has been reviewed and approved by IOSH as one of 11 IOSH approved courses that meet its high quality standards of content and learning.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: 08553f10-cb3a-4d54-a5a1-73878a30b205
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
The dangers of fire are apparent to all, but with the potential for fire hazards to be all the more common in the workplace, we must be aware of what dangers may exist for ourselves, our colleagues and our working environment.
This IOSH Approved online course explores the safety features that organisations should have in place to prevent and control fire and, in the event of a fire, the actions that should be taken to assist in swift and safe evacuation.
Fire safety is a 30 to 40 minute introductory level eLearning course designed to introduce people to the related dangers, controls and personal responsibilities they must be aware of to help contribute to a safer working environment for themselves and their coworkers and covers the requirements of the UK Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and principles of fire safety.
At the end of the course delegates will have an awareness of:
- Their responsibilities under fire legislation, including the definition of the Responsible Person
- The reasons for a fire risk assessment, and the principles of carrying one out
- The potential causes of fire, and how to prevent a fire from occurring
- Common workplace features provided for fire safety
- Common control measures to prevent the start and spread of fire in a workplace
- The actions to take in the event of a fire
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain an IOSH-approved course certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
This IOSH Approved course combines relevant UK fire legislation with health and safety best practice, and is designed for those without previous knowledge of these subjects.
On successful completion of this IOSH approved course, delegates will recived an IOSH stamped certificate
This IOSH approved course has no formal entry requirements.
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our guaranteed pass scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a guaranteed pass scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: Fire – everyone’s responsibility
- How commonly do fires occur?
- Exploring real life examples of fires
- Recognising your duties under the law
- The Regulatory Reform Order 2005
- Defining the ‘Responsible Person’
- What is a fire risk assessment?
- How is an assessment conducted?
Unit 3: How to prevent fire
- Identifying the principle causes of fire in the workplace
- Recognising fire hazards
- Identifying workplace safety features
- Means of raising the fire alarm
- The role of a fire marshal
Unit 4: What to do in the event of a workplace fire
- Understanding the importance of local safety measures
- How fire spreads and methods to stop it
- Understanding compartmentalisation
- Procedures to follow when discovering a fire
- Identifying firefighting equipment
Unit 5: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
CIPD Level 3 Award in Delivering Learning and Development Activities
An understanding of the key principles of enabling employees to acquire new knowledge and skills
Controlling hazardous substances (COSHH)
This course explores the hazards, risks and safety measures associated with various liquids, powders and gases that are used in a range of working environments.
£25.00 + VAT
IEMA Leading with Environmental Sustainability - In Company
This senior level course provides a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability to top level management.
IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries - Online
This IOSH accredited eLearning course ensures managers and supervisors in the marine and subsea industries are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
IOSH Working Safely - Public Classroom
This IOSH accredited course offers health and safety basics - designed for people at any level in any sector.