First aid at work level 3 award
Leads to the QCF-approved level 3 award in first aid at work, as required under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 for higher risk workplaces.
Enquire now for pricing information.
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to identify the requirements for first aid within their workplaces. This includes the provision, where appropriate, of fully qualified first aiders, i.e. those who have successfully undertaken an approved three-day First Aid at Work course. This training course will provide the knowledge, understanding and skills required to deal with a range of illnesses and injuries requiring first aid in the workplace. This course meets the legislative criteria and successful candidates will be awarded an QCF-approved certificate that is valid for a period of three years.
- Emergency First Aid in the Workplace Roles and responsibilities of a first aider Incident assessment
- Dealing with an unconscious casualties (including CPR training)
- First aid for choking, external bleeding, shock and minor injuries
- Recognition and management of illness and injury in the workplace
- The secondary survey first aid for injuries to bones, joints and muscles (including head and spinal injuries)
- Medical emergencies like sudden poisoning and anaphylaxis
- Recognition and treatment of major illnesses
This First aid training course is designed for anyone designated by their employer as an official first aider, or where work is carried out in a higher risk environment requiring a greater provision of first aid support.
Benefits to your organisation
- This course will enable your employees to become HSE-approved first aiders, certified for three years, meaning you can fulfil your legal requirement for fully qualified first aiders in the workplace.
- Ensuring you have on-site provision to deal with most first aid emergency situations means you may be able to save the lives of employees or reduce any serious or fatal injuries.
It is recommended that the qualification should operate on a maximum of 12 learners to 1 tutor.
Subject related eLearning:
The IOSH approved, First aid essentials eLearning course will help you get to grips with the basics of first aid, and supply the knowledge and skills that could help save a life. It features video demonstrations from trained first aid professionals.
For more information on the eLearning course, visit the First aid essentials course page.