First aid at work refresher
Updates the first aid skills of those who need to renew their 1-day Emergency or 3-day First aid at work certificates, allowing them to retain their qualifications.
Enquire now for pricing information.
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to identify the requirements for first aid within their workplaces. This includes the provision, where appropriate, of fully qualified first aiders, i.e. those who have successfully undertaken an QCF-approved three-day First Aid at Work course. This short update refresher session ensures you remain qualified and are aware of current legislative guidelines.
This training course is designed for those who have qualified in either the First aid at work (level 3) and/or Emergency first aid at work (level 2) courses. Successful completion allows existing 1-day and/or 3-day first aid qualfications to remain valid for a further 1yr or 3yr period.
- Treatment of burns
- Treatment of injuries to bones, muscles or joints
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Treatment of eye injuries
- Role of the first aider in emergency procedures
- Treatment of poisoning
- Effects and treatment of gas or fumes
- Transporting a casualty safely
- Recognition of major and minor illnesses
- Importance of personal hygiene in first aid
- Treatment of shock
- Maintaining factual records and providing information to medical authorities if required
- Legal framework for first aid at work
- Use of first aid equipment provided in the workplace
Benefits to your organisation:
- This course will enable your employees to remain QCF-approved first aiders, certified for 1 or 3 years, meaning you can fulfil your legal requirement for fully qualified first aiders in the workplace.
- Ensuring you have continued on-site provision to deal with most first aid emergency situations means you may be able to save the lives of employees or reduce any serious or fatal injuries.
It is recommended that this qualification should operate on a ratio of a maximum of 12 learners to 1 tutor
Subject related eLearning:
The IOSH approved, First aid essentials eLearning course will help you get to grips with the basics of first aid, and supply the knowledge and skills that could help save a life. It features video demonstrations from trained first aid professionals.
For more information on the eLearning course, visit the First aid essentials course page.
CIPD Level 3 Award in Delivering Learning and Development Activities
An understanding of the key principles of enabling employees to acquire new knowledge and skills
IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001 2015 - Public Classroom
For individuals that are responsible for implementing or maintaining an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
IEMA Managing with Environmental Sustainability - In Company
Provides a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their specific industry and work area.
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - Online
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can this eLearning refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
£149.00 + VAT
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Fast track
An essential fast track qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety
£899.00 + VAT
NEBOSH NGC1 Management of Health and Safety Module - Online
This eLearning NEBOSH module forms the foundation of the NEBOSH Fire, NEBOSH Construction and NEBOSH National General Certificate