First aid essentials
£25.00 + VAT
IOSH Approved essential guidance for first responders on the basics of first aid, the use of CPR and automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
This course has been reviewed and approved by IOSH as one of 11 IOSH approved courses that meet its high quality standards of content and learning.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: ef1cc6d5-143b-4df5-8489-fc83710f38d9
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
Globally, over six million people a year die through sudden cardiac arrest. Survival rates stand at 1% - but this is greatly increased if immediate first aid, including CPR, is delivered. This course will help you get to grips with the basics of first aid, and supply the knowledge and skills that could help save a life, featuring video demonstrations from trained first aid professionals.
This IOSH approved online course will help you get to grips with the basics of first aid, and supply the knowledge and skills that could help save a life. It features video demonstrations from trained first aid professionals.
Our First Aid Essentials introductory level eLearning course is 30 to 40 minutes in length. The course is designed to introduce the basic skills needed as a first responder.
At the end of the course you will have an awareness of:
- The purpose of first aid
- What should be present in a first aid kit
- The purpose of the Recovery Position
- The principles of CPR
- The purpose of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain an IOSH-approved course certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
The course is designed for people who have no previous knowledge of first aid to understand the measures they can take to help preserve life before the arrival of emergency services.
On successful completion of this IOSH approved course, delegates will receive an IOSH stamped certificate
This IOSH approved course has no formal entry requirements.
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our guaranteed pass scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a guaranteed pass scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: First aid basics
- Defining what ‘First aid’ is
- The three Ps of first aid
- Responsibilities of a first aider
- What should a first aid kit contain?
- Contacting the emergency services
Unit 3: The Recovery Position
- The procedure to follow with an unconscious casualty
- Defining the ‘primary assessment’
- Administering the Recovery Position
Unit 4: The principles of CPR
- What is CPR?
- How CPR can preserve life
- How CPR is performed
Unit 5: Using an Automated External Defibrillator
- What is an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)?
- How does an AED work?
- Administering a shock using an AED
- Recognising different AED models and their common features
Unit 6: Course assessment
Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
Facilities management legal update
Essential for all premises and facilities managers who need to get to grips with the latest changes in the law and regulation of the workplace.
£399.00 + VAT
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Fast track
An essential fast track qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety