£809.10 + VAT + IEMA Fee's when booked online!
Following confirmation of your booking you will recieve an invoice via email for the IEMA fees detailed below
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is a 5 day environmental training course that International Workplace provide for organisations and individuals looking to get to grips with the basics of environmental management.
The course is designed to raise your competence if you are new to environmental management or if you have a wide range of premises and facilities management responsibilities. The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management delivered via public classroom is perfect for those who need a structured training session away from the workplace to allow them to focus all of their attention on the training. During the session the tutor will guide you through the course syllabus leading to the end of course examination which takes place on the last day. High levels of contact time make classroom study ideal for people who prefer to share experiences with fellow students and have the opportunity to ask questions and gain direct feedback. As one of the top IEMA training providers, International Workplace have been running IEMA training courses for many years with more and more delegates attending each year.
Benefits of Public Classroom courses:
- Full, face to face tutor support
- Examination taken on the same day
- Use of our purpose built training centres or partner venues including refreshments and lunch
- Guaranteed pass scheme – students can be given further access to our e-learning course if they need to retake the course free of charge.
- A cohort of mixed delegates which adds further depth to the training hearing about other industry sectors.
This recognised qualification will help you to:
- Understand the importance of integrating environmental issues into the business process and the potential business benefits of doing so
- Have an appreciation of the driving forces leading to the introduction of Environmental Management Systems into an organisation and their potential benefits
- Outline the structure of environmental legislation
- Understand the potential impact of key pieces of legislation on business
- Appreciate the role of the key regulatory agencies
- Outline how an environmental review is conducted
- Identify significant environmental impacts of organisations
- Understand the purpose and nature of an environmental audit, and how an audit is carried out
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of ISO 14001
The outcomes from this course are:
- An appreciation of environmental issues
- An understanding of the ways in which an organisation impacts on the environment
- An appreciation of how environmental issues can be incorporated into the management of an organisation
- An understanding of environmental legislation
- An awareness of the means of assessing an organisation’s environmental performance
- An understanding of the ways in which an Environmental Management System operates
What are IEMA Membership fees?
- In order to study this course, delegates must become paid members of IEMA. The cost of this is £135 for 12 months membership. Should you already have membership then you will still need to purchase a further 12 months.
- Once you have confirmed your booking, one of our team will contact you to arrange payment of the IEMA fees
We also run the IEMA Foundation Certificate Online or at your premises anywhere as an In Company course.
- MODULE 1: SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS THINKING
- Key environmental issues and their relevance to business, e.g. climate change, greenhouse effect, acid rain, ozone depletion, pollution of land, air and water, loss of biodiversity, deforestation, population growth and consumption, non-renewable resource use and desertification.
- The importance of integrating environmental issues into the business process and the potential business benefits of doing so.
- The driving forces leading to the introduction of environmental management systems into an organisation and their potential benefits.
- The principles and benefits of effective resource use.
- MODULE 2: LEGISLATION
- The structure of UK and national environmental legislation.
- The potential impact of key pieces of legislation on business.
- The role of the key regulatory agencies.
- How economic instruments influence environmental behaviour.
- MODULE 3: TOOLS FOR THE ASSESSMENT AND INTERPRETATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE
- The purpose and nature of the Initial Environmental Review.
- How an environmental review is conducted.
- Significant environmental impacts of an organisation.
- The purpose and nature of an environmental audit.
- How an audit is carried out.
- MODULE 4: ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- The key elements of ISO 14001.
- The scope of the ISO 14000 series standards and their relationship with other management systems specifications.
- How to take on an active role within the environmental management process.
- A 10 question written exam
Interest free monthly payments
If you are looking to split the cost of your training into interest free monthly payments then look no further. International Workplace can offer tailored payment plans to suit your course deadlines and budget.
Typically the cost of your course can be split equally over; 6 months, 9 months or 12 months. Call us now to discuss options for spliting the cost of this course.
Full support until you pass
This IEMA course benefits from our guaranteed pass scheme. This means that should a delegate fail any part of the course, International Workplace will provide free access to the eLearning course until all assessments have been passed.
We provide a guaranteed pass scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course. IEMA exam or registration fees may apply.