£809.10 + VAT + IEMA Membership Fee when booked online!
Following confirmation of your booking you will recieve an invoice via email for the IEMA fees detailed below
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is a 5 day environmental training course that International Workplace provide for organisations and individuals looking to get to grips with the basics of environmental management.
The course is designed to raise your competence if you are new to environmental management or if you have a wide range of premises and facilities management responsibilities. The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management delivered via public classroom is perfect for those who need a structured training session away from the workplace to allow them to focus all of their attention on the training. During the session the tutor will guide you through the course syllabus leading to the end of course examination which takes place on the last day. High levels of contact time make classroom study ideal for people who prefer to share experiences with fellow students and have the opportunity to ask questions and gain direct feedback. As one of the top IEMA training providers, International Workplace have been running IEMA training courses for many years with more and more delegates attending each year.
On achiveing this qualification you will:
- Hold a recognised qualification from IEMA demonstrating competence in this field and allowing you to use the suffix - AIEMA.
- Understand key environmental issues including resource use, climate change, waste and pollution and their impact on organisations and communities.
- Learn how to effectively manage environmental impacts and reduce risk, improve resource efficiency and increase the positive impact on society and the environment.
- Gain an understanding of the framework and application of environmental laws and policy both in the UK, EU and internationally.
- Develop an understanding of environmental assessment tools.
- Apply what you have learnt to your own organisation, throughout the course and in the future.
- New syllabus items including making a business case, sustainable value-chain management and workplace behaviour change.
How will this qualification help me?
This course has been developed to provide learners with a foundation of environmental and sustainability knowledge to build upon. The wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles covered ensures that learners appreciate and understand the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the focus on specific management tools and skills provides learners with an introduction to practical application that they will need when working within this arena.
It will help you to:
- Understand the importance of integrating environmental issues into the business process and the potential business benefits of doing so
- Have an appreciation of the driving forces leading to the introduction of Environmental Management Systems into an organisation and their potential benefits
- Outline the structure of environmental legislation
- Understand the potential impact of key pieces of legislation on business
- Appreciate the role of the key regulatory agencies
- Outline how an environmental review is conducted
- Identify significant environmental impacts of organisations
- Understand the purpose and nature of an environmental audit, and how an audit is carried out
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of ISO 14001
What are the course outcomes?
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
Benefits of Public Classroom courses:
- Full, face to face tutor support
- Examination taken on the same day
- Use of our purpose built training centres or partner venues including refreshments and lunch
- Guaranteed pass scheme – students can be given further access to our e-learning course if they need to retake the course free of charge.
- A cohort of mixed delegates which adds further depth to the training hearing about other industry sectors.
What are IEMA Membership fees?
- In order to study this course, delegates must become paid members of IEMA. The cost of this is £135 for 12 months membership. Should you already have membership then you will still need to purchase a further 12 months.
- Once you have confirmed your booking, you will recieve an invoice via email for the cost of membership.
- IEMA Exam fee is included in the course price
We also run the IEMA Foundation Certificate Online or at your premises anywhere as an In Company course.
International Workplace Executive Centre, London, 30 Oct 2017
International Workplace Executive Centre,
13 Clerkenwell Road,
The International Workplace Executive Centre (IWEC) is a custom built training centre in the heart of London’s busy legal district and offers an ideal learning environment tailored specifically for International Workplace Training courses, it is also available to hire for any events.
IWEC is a 5-10 minute walk from both Barbican and Farringdon tube stations found on the Circle, Hammersmith and City and metropolitan tube lines (just one or two stops from Kings Cross).
£899.00 + VAT
Module 1: Environmental issues and principles
- The importance of global systems and cycles in supporting life on earth and the everyday activities we carry out.
- The different ecosystem services and the ways in which humans can interact with them.
- The key components of the nitrogen, water, carbon and phosphorus cycles.
- The ways in which humans can impact on earth’s systems and cycles – water, air and land pollution, resource use and biodiversity loss.
- The principal global and local environmental issues, and how organisations contribute to environmental pollution.
Module 2 – Sustainability and organisations
- The environmental, economic, social and ethical aspects of sustainability.
- The mega trends driving the development of sustainable thinking at international and national level.
- The implications of fiscal, societal and ethical values and social constraints on an organisation.
- Life-cycle thinking.
- The importance of effective resource management.
- How an organisation can reduce its impacts.
- The role of environmental sustainability in promoting change and innovation.
- Influencing sustainable behaviour change.
Module 3 – Environmental policy and legislation
- The structure and evolution of environmental law at a national, European and international level.
- The key environmental principles that form the basis of policy.
- The key types of environmental legislation and policy including economic instruments, direct regulation, polluter pays, producer responsibility and others.
- The role of the regulatory agencies and penalties for non-compliance.
- How environmental law relates to your organisation’s activities.
- How to identify relevant environmental legislation for your organisation and where to find further information.
Module 4 – Environmental performance and communication
- The different types of environmental data that can be collated in relation to environmental performance.
- How assessing environmental performance can provide information on which effective environmental management decisions can be based.
- Internal and external stakeholders.
- The benefits of communicating environmental information internally and externally.
- Sustainability reporting and reporting standards.
- The importance of assurance and verification in accounting for and communicating environmental performance.
- Environmental labelling and benchmarking.
- The purpose and nature of the Initial Environmental Review and how it is conducted.
- The significant environmental impacts of an organisation’s activities.
Module 5 – Environmental management and assessment tools
- The key elements and components of an Environmental Management System.
- How an Environmental Management System functions in a business environment.
- The different types of Environmental Management System including ISO 14001, EMAS and BS8555 and the key differences between them.
- The key components of ISO 14001 and how they can be implemented.
- How to take on an active role within the environmental management process.
- The purpose and nature of an environmental audit.
- The role of environmental impact assessment in development project planning.
- The role of cost benefit analysis in sustainable decision making.
- Assessment is via a 1 hour open-book online multiple-choice exam.
The course is assessed in English.
Interest free monthly payments*
If you are looking to split the cost of your training into interest free monthly payments then look no further. International Workplace can offer tailored payment plans to suit your course deadlines and budget.
Typically the cost of your course can be split equally over; 2 months or 3 months with a minimum installment of £500 + VAT. Call us now to discuss options for spliting the cost of this course.
*Course access will be restricted if you fail to keep up with repayments. Total fee payable for classroom training before last day of course or completion.
Full support until you pass
This IEMA course benefits from our guaranteed pass scheme. This means that should a delegate fail any part of the course, International Workplace will provide free access to the eLearning course until all assessments have been passed.
We provide a guaranteed pass scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course. IEMA exam or registration fees may apply.