IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management - Online
£399.00 + VAT
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management, which leads to IEMA Associate membership, is one of the most sought-after qualifications in environmental management.
£359.10 + VAT + IEMA Fee's when booked online!
Following confirmation of your booking, you will receive an invoice via email for the IEMA fees detailed below
This course is Flash based which will no longer be supported by mainstream browsers from 2020. If you wish to study this course please be aware you will need to maintain a flash supported browser if you have not finished studying before it comes to an end.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is a 40 hour environmental training course that International Workplace provide for organisations and individuals looking to get to grips with the basics of environmental management.
The course is designed to raise your competence if you are new to environmental management or if you have a wide range of premises and facilities management responsibilities. The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management delivered via elearning is perfect for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office during their studies. As the course is studied completely remotely without the need for additional course materials or travel, it is a carbon free way to study. With our support and unlimited access to the course we will help you develop your environmental knowledge and realise your true potential. As one of the top IEMA training providers, International Workplace have been running IEMA training courses for many years with more and more delegates attending each year.
On achieving this qualification you will:
- Hold a recognised qualification from IEMA demonstrating competence in this field and allowing you to use the suffix - AIEMA.
- Understand key environmental issues including resource use, climate change, waste and pollution and their impact on organisations and communities.
- Learn how to effectively manage environmental impacts and reduce risk, improve resource efficiency and increase the positive impact on society and the environment.
- Gain an understanding of the framework and application of environmental laws and policy both in the UK, EU and internationally.
- Develop an understanding of environmental assessment tools.
- Apply what you have learnt to your own organisation, throughout the course and in the future.
This course has been developed to provide learners with a foundation of environmental and sustainability knowledge to build upon. The wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles covered ensures that learners appreciate and understand the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the focus on specific management tools and skills provides learners with an introduction to practical application that they will need when working within this arena.
It will help you to:
- Understand the importance of integrating environmental issues into the business process and the potential business benefits of doing so
- Have an appreciation of the driving forces leading to the introduction of Environmental Management Systems into an organisation and their potential benefits
- Outline the structure of environmental legislation
- Understand the potential impact of key pieces of legislation on business
- Appreciate the role of the key regulatory agencies
- Outline how an environmental review is conducted
- Identify significant environmental impacts of organisations
- Understand the purpose and nature of an environmental audit, and how an audit is carried out
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of ISO 14001
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
IEMA runs regular monthly examination windows from the 1st to the 28th of each month. To book a place on an examination window your request needs to be submitted at least 10 working days prior to the chosen exam window.
For example, if you wanted to book your exam for the month of November the deadline for requesting an exam booking would be 16th October.
You can request the booking of your exam via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0333 210 1995.
International Workplace will fill out all of the booking paperwork on your behalf and send your request to IEMA.
One day before the examination period you will receive an email directly from IEMA with a web link to the examination platform. You will have 28 days to access and complete your examination.
When do I get my results?
Approximately two weeks after sitting your exam you will receive an email directly from IEMA with the results of your exam. Approximately two weeks after results are announced certificates will be received at International Workplace ready for posting to you.
What about my membership?
Once you have passed and received your results email your IEMA membership e-certificate will be sent to you directly by IEMA.
Benefits of training via eLearning:
- Greater flexibility
- Course and examination taken at the delegates pace
- Unlimited email and telephone tutor support
- Student can study from their workplace or home
- Zero travel and accommodation costs
What are IEMA Membership fees?
- In order to study this course, delegates must become paid members of IEMA. The cost of this is £135 for 12 months membership. Should you already have membership then you will still need to purchase a further 12 months.
- Once you have confirmed your booking, you will recieve an invoice via email for the cost of membership.
Download the IEMA Foundation Certificate brochure for further information
The IEMA Founation is aimed at learners who are initiating a career in environmental management and want a solid foundation of environment and sustainability expertise to build on. The achievement of IEMA Associate membership, IEMA’s entry professional membership level, helps provide evidence of this knowledge as well as commitment to this career pathway.
Successful completion of this course and of the assessment confirms that candidates have met the IEMA Associate membership standard. A certificate of course completion and IEMA Associate membership will be provided.
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Managment has no entry requirments
Full support until you pass
This IEMA course benefits from our guaranteed pass scheme. This means that should a delegate fail any part of the course, International Workplace will provide free access to the eLearning course until all assessments have been passed.
We provide a guaranteed pass scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course. IEMA exam or registration fees may apply.
Module 1: Environmental issues and principles
- The importance of global systems and cycles in supporting life on earth and the everyday activities we carry out.
- The different ecosystem services and the ways in which humans can interact with them.
- The key components of the nitrogen, water, carbon and phosphorus cycles.
- The ways in which humans can impact on earth’s systems and cycles – water, air and land pollution, resource use and biodiversity loss.
- The principal global and local environmental issues, and how organisations contribute to environmental pollution.
Module 2 – Sustainability and organisations
- The environmental, economic, social and ethical aspects of sustainability.
- The mega trends driving the development of sustainable thinking at international and national level.
- The implications of fiscal, societal and ethical values and social constraints on an organisation.
- Life-cycle thinking.
- The importance of effective resource management.
- How an organisation can reduce its impacts.
- The role of environmental sustainability in promoting change and innovation.
- Influencing sustainable behaviour change.
Module 3 – Environmental policy and legislation
- The structure and evolution of environmental law at a national, European and international level.
- The key environmental principles that form the basis of policy.
- The key types of environmental legislation and policy including economic instruments, direct regulation, polluter pays, producer responsibility and others.
- The role of the regulatory agencies and penalties for non-compliance.
- How environmental law relates to your organisation’s activities.
- How to identify relevant environmental legislation for your organisation and where to find further information.
Module 4 – Environmental performance and communication
- The different types of environmental data that can be collated in relation to environmental performance.
- How assessing environmental performance can provide information on which effective environmental management decisions can be based.
- Internal and external stakeholders.
- The benefits of communicating environmental information internally and externally.
- Sustainability reporting and reporting standards.
- The importance of assurance and verification in accounting for and communicating environmental performance.
- Environmental labelling and benchmarking.
- The purpose and nature of the Initial Environmental Review and how it is conducted.
- The significant environmental impacts of an organisation’s activities.
Module 5 – Environmental management and assessment tools
- The key elements and components of an Environmental Management System.
- How an Environmental Management System functions in a business environment.
- The different types of Environmental Management System including ISO 14001, EMAS and BS8555 and the key differences between them.
- The key components of ISO 14001 and how they can be implemented.
- How to take on an active role within the environmental management process.
- The purpose and nature of an environmental audit.
- The role of environmental impact assessment in development project planning.
- The role of cost benefit analysis in sustainable decision making.
- Assessment is via a 1 hour open-book online multiple-choice exam.
The course is assessed in English.
This course runs on Flash which is no longer supported by some browsers and mobile devices.
Flash support is due to end in 2020.
ILM Level 3 Award - Public Classroom
Effective management requires a particular skill set and the ILM Level 3 training course at our London Executive Centre equips you with these skills.
£1,350.00 + VAT
IOSH Managing Safely - eLearning
This IOSH accredited eLearning course ensures managers and supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
£249.00 + VAT
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Day release
An essential day release qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety
£1,599.00 + VAT
NEBOSH NGC1 Management of Health and Safety Module
This NEBOSH module forms the foundation of the NEBOSH Fire, NEBOSH Construction and NEBOSH National General Certificate