IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001 2015 - In Company
For organisations that are implementing or maintaining an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
Enquire now for pricing information.
IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001:2015 is a one day training course that International Workplace provide for organisations that are implementing or maintaining an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
The IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001:2015 course will provide an overview of the new requirements of ISO 14001:2015 to enable learners to evaluate and implement changes and improve their organisation’s environmental management system. This course has been developed in consultation with Martin Baxter, IEMA Director of Policy and Engagement, who led the UK delegation and the international working group in production of the International Standard ISO 14001. It will provide an overview of the new requirements of ISO 14001:2015 to enable learners to evaluate and implement changes and improve their organisation’s Environmental Management System. Each learner will also be issued with the unique IEMA EMS Gap Analysis Tool.
Benefits of In Company training:
- Full, face to face tutor support
- The material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation
- Open forum enables delegates to discuss internal Health and Safety strategy
- Training at your site or chosen location to cut down on travel time and cost
Why ISO 14001:
By putting environmental issues at the heart of strategy business's benefit from cost savings and these have been clearly reflected in IEMA’s recent survey results, with nearly 60% of respondents reporting savings of over £10,000, and nearly 30% reporting savings of over £100,000 since putting the system in place. ISO 14001 will also improve your business's resilience to environmental threats from such issues as resource availability and climate change.
- Understand the changes to ISO 14001:2015 and their intent.
- Identify and plan actions to enable an organisation to conform to
- Realise the benefits of, the new requirements
Download the IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001:2015 brochure for further information
This course will benefit delegates with experience of implementing ISO 14001 and who will need to manage the transition to the updated standard.
The course is set at the Managerial Level of IEMA’s Environmental Skills Map.
Delegates will recived an IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001:2015 Certificate of attendance
This training course has no formal entry requirements.
- Section 1: Understand the proposed changes to ISO 14001:2015 and their intent
- The background to the revision of ISO 14001 and the new common structure
- Organisational context and the needs of interested parties
- Risk associated with threats and opportunities n Control and influence over value chain
- Integration into core business processes
- Environmental sustainability
- Compliance obligations and demonstration of compliance status
- Other key changes in the requirements of the standard n Inter-relationship between different requirements of the standard
- Benefits of conforming to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Section 2: Identify and plan actions to enable an organisation to conform to, and so realise the benefits of, the new requirements
- Evaluate the context of an organisation relevant to you
- Evaluate the scope (boundary and application) of an organisation’s EMS
- Apply the Gap Analysis Toolkit to an organisation relevant to your work context to identify the main opportunities to enhance the EMS
- Identify the communication channels in your organisation and evaluate their effectiveness in the context of your EMS
- Determine the scope of the necessary EMS changes / improvements
- Determine the implication(s) on elements of other systems and processes e.g. risk management, quality, health and safety
- Explore and state opportunities to drive added value through this change process
- Plan the implementation of required changes
- Students are not formally assessed, but the course is a facilitated session and requires active participation from all attendees with an end of course review
IOSH Managing Safely - Public Classroom
This IOSH accredited course ensures managers and supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
£599.00 + VAT
IOSH Working Safely - Public Classroom
This IOSH accredited course offers health and safety basics - designed for people at any level in any sector.
£249.00 + VAT
NEBOSH NGC1 Management of Health and Safety Module
This NEBOSH module forms the foundation of the NEBOSH Fire, NEBOSH Construction and NEBOSH National General Certificate
NEBOSH NGC1 Management of Health and Safety Module - Online
This eLearning NEBOSH module forms the foundation of the NEBOSH Fire, NEBOSH Construction and NEBOSH National General Certificate