Introduction to redundancy and TUPE
Can be tailored to meet the needs of your business, allowing you to plan ahead and apply the law to specific situations
Enquire now for pricing information.
Dealing with possible redundancies or restructuring, or staff transferring from or to another company is now a common part of business life. Both senior managers and line managers need to understand the implications of all these situations, both so that they can plan responsibly and so that they can safeguard their organisation from risk of litigation.
The legislation and case law governing redundancy and TUPE (business transfers) is complex and continues to evolve. It is vital that senior managers plan ahead and can understand all the implications and how the law needs to be applied in their particular situation. International Workplace offer an introduction to redundancy and TUPE training course to help you through these complexities.
Standard course content:
- The legal definition of redundancy.
- Understanding consultation responsibilities and the use of employee representatives.
- Identifying who is at risk.
- Offences by corporate body (neglect, connivance, consent).
- Understanding how redundancy selection works.
- What is suitable alternative employment?
- What is TUPE and when does it apply?
- Who and what transfers?
- Informing and consulting appropriate representatives.
- The Economic / Technical or Organisational defence.
- Harmonising terms and conditions.
- Using tactics in commercial negotiations.
If you have a specific requirement then we can tailor the course content and vary the duration depending on what depth of knowledge you or your team require. The standard course is ideal for senior managers and line managers who need to understand the implications of redundancy and TUPE.
Benefits to your organisation
- Redundancy and TUPE legislation is complex and continually evolving, so this course will provide you with information that you can understand to help you plan responsibly and safeguard against the risk of potential litigation.
- This in-house course can be tailored to meet the needs of your business, allowing you to plan ahead and apply the law to specific situations that you may be faced with.
Driving at work
An International Workplace course to explore the various hazards, risks and controls associated with driving motor vehicles at work
£15.00 + VAT
First aid essentials
Essential guidance for first responders on the basics of first aid, the use of CPR and automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
£15.00 + VAT
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.