IOSH Directing Safely - In Company
The essential guide for directors with strategic responsibility for implementing their organisation’s health and safety management
Enquire now for pricing information.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
This new and improved course combines content from each of the previous courses and allows senior staff to be trained consitantly no matter the size of their organisation. All face to face courses will now be delivered to this new syllabus.
International Workplace will still be running the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives eLearning course until later this year and the certificates will remain valid indefinitley.
How well equipped is your organisation to deal with a serious accident or fatality at work and are you aware of the new health and safety sentencing guidelines?
IOSH Directing Safely is a one day health and safety training course that International Workplace provide designed for people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within organisations with fewer than 250 employees. If your organisation has more than 250 employees then we also run the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives.
The IOSH Directing Safely delivered in a in company offers a very cost-effective means of addressing the needs of many employees and is perfect for organisations that have a cohort of employees who all need to study the course. During the course the tutor will guide your delegates through the syllabus leading to the end of course examination and assessment which takes place on the last day of the course. High levels of contact time make classroom study ideal for people who prefer to share experiences with fellow students and have the opportunity to ask questions and gain direct feedback. In addition the material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation. The importance of health and safety in the day-to-day running of a company dictates that directors must be made aware that responsibility for health and safety rests ultimately with them, and not with those who have been appointed to deal with it on a daily basis In recent years some high profile cases have clearly demonstrated that the responsibility for managing health and safety starts at board level. The safety message has to be driven from the top down, and directors, although busy people, need to be involved in this process. As a leading approved IOSH training centre, International Workplace has delivered IOSH training courses for over 15 years and has helped thousands of directors gain this qualification. Delegates will receive an IOSH Directing Safely Certificate after successful completion of the course.
The course topics include:
- Board accountability
- Costs / benefits of managing / not managing safety
- How to effectively direct health and safety issues within the organisation.
By the end of this course successful delegates will be able to:
- appreciate that health and safety should be managed from the top layers of management;
- understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives;
- recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives;
- take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision-making and effective supply chain management;
- be aware of the consequences of failing to manage health and safety;
- understand the principles of a management system with the benefits of continual improvement and annual reporting; and
- Understand the requirements of current legislation with the potential consequences of non-compliance upon their organisation and themselves.
In Company benefits:
- Full, face to face tutor support
- The material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation
- Open forum enables delegates to discuss internal Health and Safety strategy
- End of course assessment taken on the same day
- Training at your site or chosen location to cut down on travel time and cost
If you would like to attend a public classroom course then you can also attain the IOSH Directing Safely Certificate by attending our IOSH Corporate Health and Safety Breifing.
Download the IOSH Directing Safely brochure for further information
This one-day course is intended for those strategically responsible for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within ‘small and medium sized enterprises’ (ie, those with fewer than 250 employees).
On succsesfull competion of the courses assessments, delegates will be issued with an IOSH Directing Safely Certificate
The IOSH Directing Safely course has no entry requirments
- Aims and objectives
- Health and safety management – good business sense
- Health and safety – getting it wrong
- Health and safety – getting it right
- Planning for success
- People – your most valuable asset
- How well are you performing?
- Improving performance
Short multiple choice examination
Equality in the Workplace
Essential guidance for employees on equality and diversity to meet the requirements of the UK Equality Act 2010.
£15.00 + VAT
Introduction to health and safety
Online training in the essential issues related to health and safety at work and the key areas when considering potential hazards
£15.00 + VAT
Stress and workplace wellbeing
Online course covering causes and effects of work-related stress and the UK Health and Safety Executive stress management standards