IOSH Managing Safely - eLearning
£249.00 + VAT
This IOSH accredited eLearning course ensures managers and supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
Multi-user discounts not available through online checkout. Get in touch to discuss your requirements on 0333 210 1995
IOSH Managing Safely is the world’s best-known health and safety certificate course for managers and supervisors. And with the version 5.0 syllabus now available, the all-new eLearning version of the course from International Workplace is the most engaging and accessible yet.
WHY THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU
- Study the latest v.5 course syllabus in our easy-to-use online Academy or via our corporate learning management system (LMS)
- Switch seamlessly between PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Free yourself up: study where you want, when you want
- Put yourself in control: create a course that is unique for you and your organisation
- You’re never alone in our learner community, with support from tutors, course administrators and fellow learners
Studying IOSH Managing Safely by eLearning is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to fit their study in around their busy schedule. The engaging format includes audio, video and animations, with an optional voiceover or captions if you want to work in silence. Our new interactive workbook builds as you progress through the course, capturing key points and any notes you’ve made along the way, so you have a comprehensive, customised revision guide before you take the end of course assessment.
You’ll have access to our course administrators, tutors and technical support team for the duration of your course, as well as a bank of FAQs, questions and answers from fellow students in our learner community.
For organisations looking to deliver the course to a larger team by eLearning, we also have an enterprise version of IOSH Managing Safely available for distribution via your corporate LMS.
"Best online distance learning programme"
"Run this course in your LMS"
It is now possible to launch this course in your own LMS. Find out how
WHY BUSINESSES CHOOSE THIS COURSE
- Approved by IOSH, the world's biggest professional health and safety membership organisation, with formal certificates issued to successful candidates
- Greater productivity through reduction in lost time from sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Enhanced reputation within your supply chain
- Reduced costs from avoidable insurance claims and solicitors’ fees
- They can run this course via their own LMS
International Workplace has developed an innovative new plug in to allow employers to run our acclaimed IOSH Managing Safely eLearning course in their own LMS, with some great benefits:
Put yourself in control: apply your branding, manage enrolments, create cohorts, and report on performance.
Save time: auto import learners, manage communications, and track real-time progress – not forgetting the time you’re saving by reducing travel
Save money: up to 65% cheaper than classroom courses, and discounted rates when you buy 10 or more licences – see our special offer for even bigger discounts if you buy before 28 February!
Cut carbon: choose eLearning to reduce travel, improve flexibility and cut wasted resources.
To find out how our new SCORM plugin can help you achieve all of this and more, call us on 0333 210 1995, or email us now
The IOSH Managing Safely course has been designed for managers and supervisors in any sector or organisation, anywhere in the world. It provides them with an introduction to the basic principles of health and safety at work, giving a practical insight into the most common workplace hazards, how to assess the risks, and how to manage them.
On successful completion of the assessment and work-based project, you will be issued with an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
The IOSH Managing Safely course has no entry requirments
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our Pass Promise scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a Pass Promise scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
The course is based on the latest version 5.0 syllabus, published by IOSH in June 2017. It requires 22 hours of study.
MODULE ONE: INTRODUCING MANAGING SAFELY
- The three key moral, legal and financial reasons for managing safely
- Managers’ responsibility and accountability for safety and health in the workplace
MODULE TWO: ASSESSING RISKS
- Definitions of the terms ‘hazard’, ‘hazardous event’ and ‘risk’
- Definition of the term ‘risk assessment’
- Definition of the terms ‘likelihood’ and ‘consequence’
- Risk assessment process and risk rating systems
- The benefits of carrying out risk assessment
MODULE THREE: CONTROLLING RISKS
- Definition of the term ‘reasonably practicable’
- How to evaluate risk using a risk matrix and how to control those risks
- How to reduce risk by applying the ‘hierarchy of risk control’
- How implementing risk controls can impact the likelihood of an incident, consequence of an incident or both factors
- Definition of the term ‘residual risk’
MODULE FOUR: UNDERSTANDING RESPONSIBILITIES
- An overview of what the law requires an organisation to do to protect the safety and health of workers and other persons under its control
- Definition of the term ‘reasonably foreseeable’
- The three knowledge tests to help determine ‘reasonably foreseeable’ risks: common, industry and expert knowledge
- The difference between criminal law and civil law in relation to safety and health
- The possible outcomes of not working within the law
- Where to find help and guidance for working within the law
- The key parts, and the elements of each part, of a health and safety management system
- The key benefits of introducing a health and safety management system
- Why leadership is an essential part of a health and safety management system
MODULE FIVE: UNDERSTANDING HAZARDS
- The six main hazard categories and how hazards can fall into more than one group:
- Common hazards in the workplace, their effects and symptoms and how to manage them, including:
- aggression and violence
- computer workstation
- confined spaces
- drugs and alcohol
- getting in and out
- manual handling
- plant and machinery
- slips and trips
- vehicles and transport
- any other relevant hazards
MODULE SIX: INVESTIGATING INCIDENTS
- Definition of the terms ‘incident’, ‘accident’ and ‘near miss’
- Reasons to investigate incidents
- The benefits of incident investigation
- Definition of the terms ‘immediate’, ‘underlying’ and ‘root’ causes in relation to incidents
- The actions to be taken following an incident
- Incident reporting
- The stages of a structured approach to incident investigation
MODULE SEVEN: MEASURING PERFORMANCE
- The three essential principles for good safety and health performance
- What types of information performance indicators can give to help improve safety and health in the workplace
- The characteristics of good key performance indicators
- The differences between ‘proactive’ and ‘reactive’ performance indicators
- What is meant by ‘auditing’
- The two types of auditing: internal and external
- Types of evidence used in an audit
- A 25 question, multiple format assessment, completed onlin
- A risk assessment based project that completed after the online assessment and submitted for marking.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
IOSH Managing Safely eLearning is studied online via the International Workplace Academy website. The course has been designed for use on PCs, laptops and responsive devices including Apple and Android tablets and smartphones.
We recommend using a recent version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for an optimal experience, but the course has been compatibility tested against:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome (v52 or later)
- Mozilla Firefox (v47 or later)
- Apple Safari 9
In the interests of security and performance it is always recommended you upgrade to the latest supported version of your chosen web browser.
An enterprise version of the course is available for business, which can be delivered via the International Workplace online learning platform, or through integration with the client organisation’s LMS and/or reporting system. Please contact us for further information.
In consultation with UKIE, appointed to the UK Government’s panel on accessibility in gaming and online learning, the course has been designed to be user-friendly for people with cognitive impairments, and to enhance the learning experience for people who find traditional ‘written word’ learning challenging.
AUDIO AND VIDEO
The course contains audiovisual content, including videos and animations, and an optional voiceover. Audio settings are controlled by the learner. The course can be completed without audio if desired: all audio content is captioned. Note that use audio controls may be impacted on Android devices as a result of software restrictions.
ACCESSING THE COURSE AND REPORTS
As course provider licenced by IOSH to deliver the course, International Workplace must retain control of the course content, and the progress and performance data of users on the course. However, our systems have been developed to make the end-to-end process as seamless as possible for corporate clients.
For organisations wishing to use International Workplace’s LMS we can apply your corporate branding to the system. And we can integrate with LDAP and ADFS single-sign-on systems or any of the authentication protocols supported by simpleSAMLphp, to allow their users to access the LMS without the need for additional login.
For organisations with their own corporate LMS, our use of Tin Can xAPI (the modern replacement for SCORM) to provide tracking allows us to launch the course from your LMS for a seamless user experience, while tracking remains under our control. And our reporting API ensures you can import progress data back into your own system.
|UUID||Shared unique identifier for integration with your systems|
|Cookies||Must be set to enabled|
|Required software||Adobe Reader (or equivalent PDF viewer) Microsoft Word (or equivalent .docx viewer)|
|Internet connection||Broadband or 4G recommended|
|Offline study||Supports offline study: if internet connection is lost during study then progress and performance data will be stored offline temporarily until a connection becomes available.|
|Data security||Data and services hosted within EU data centres unless specified otherwise by the client.|
|Language versions||English. Can be translated into multiple languages|
|Hosting platform||Microsoft Azure – enabling the perfect balance between affordability, security, flexibility, scalability and availability|
Data protection in the workplace (GDPR conformant)
Importance of collecting, using and saving personal and sensitive data appropriately to protect individuals’ rights and uphold an organisation’s reputation.
£25.00 + VAT
NEBOSH Health and Well-being Certificate
This NEBOSH accredited qualification offers managers, supervisors and HR professionals the skills and knowledge to tackle health and well-being at work.
£899.00 + VAT
Slips, trips and falls
Guidance on how slips and trips are caused, how to spot possible hazards, why preventing them is important and what can be done to tackle them