IOSH Managing Safely - In House
This IOSH accredited course ensures managers and supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
Enquire now for pricing information.
Brand new IOSH Managing Safely V5 syllabus now launched!
What is IOSH Managing Safely - In House?
IOSH Managing Safely In House is a 3 day health and safety training course that International Workplace provide at your premises and is the most popular course of its type in the UK.
The IOSH Managing Safely Certificate delivered in a In House offers a very cost-effective means of addressing the needs of many employees and is perfect for organisations that have a cohort of employees who all need to study the course. During the course the tutor will guide your delegates through the syllabus leading to the end of course examination and assessment which takes place on the last day of the course. High levels of contact time make classroom study ideal for people who prefer to share experiences with fellow students and have the opportunity to ask questions and gain direct feedback. In addition the material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation. The course covers a broad range of the health and safety subjects and ensures every manager and supervisor is aware of their responsibilities. As a leading licensed IOSH training centre, International Workplace has delivered IOSH training courses for over 15 years and has helped thousands of people gain this qualification. This course is full of step-by-step guidance and has a sharp business focus. The hands on, jargon-free format engages and inspires, and has helped a huge range of businesses to raise standards of health and safety. Having successfully completed the assessments, candidates will be issued with an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
In House benefits:
- Full, face to face tutor support
- Examination taken on the same day
- The material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation
- Guaranteed pass scheme – students can be given further access to our e-learning course if they need to retake the course free of charge
- Training at your site or chosen location to cut down on travel time and cost
By the end of the IOSH Managing Safely course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the terms 'hazard' and 'risk'
- Evaluate risk using a structured risk assessment approach
- Identify and implement appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions
- Be involved in preparing written risk assessments
- Understand and have input into their organisation's health and safety policy and management system
- Cooperate and communicate on health and safety matters
- Ensure that their own work and that of the employees for whom they are responsible is carried out safely, i.e. without undue risk to themselves and others
- Report relevant accidents and incidents
- Identify methods of monitoring how safe their workplaces are
- Certificated and accredited by IOSH, an internationally renowned Health and Safety body
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Minimum disruption to work activities: the course and its assessments all take place during the 24 hour course
- Reduce costs from avoidable insurance claims and solicitors’ fees
We can also run the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate online or as a blended option with a mix of both elearning and classroom.
Download the IOSH Managing Safely brochure for further information
The IOSH Managing Safely course is for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organisation. It’s designed to give managers all they need to know to help handle health and safety in their teams. It is ideal for getting managers up-to-speed on the skills they need to tackle health and safety issues in the workplace.
On successful completion of the course assessments, delegates will be issued with an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
The IOSH Managing Safely course has no entry requirements.
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our Pass Promise scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a Pass Promise scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
Module one: Introducing managing safely
- The three key moral, legal and financial reasons for managing safely
- Manager responsibility and accountability for safety and health in the workplace
Module two: Assessing risks
- Definitions of the terms ‘hazard’, ‘hazardous event’ and ‘risk’ 2
- Definition of the term ‘risk assessment’ 2
- Definition of the terms ‘likelihood’ and ‘consequence’ 2
- Risk assessment process and risk rating systems 4
- The benefits of carrying out risk assessment
Module three: Controlling risks
- Definition of the term ‘reasonably practicable’
- How to evaluate risk using a risk matrix and how to control those risks
- How to reduce risk by applying the ‘hierarchy of risk control’
- How implementing risk controls can impact the likelihood of an incident, consequence of an incident or both factors
- Definition of the term ‘residual risk’
Module four: Understanding responsibilities
- An overview of what the law requires an organisation to do to protect the safety and health of workers and other persons under its control
- Definition of the term ‘reasonably foreseeable’
- The three knowledge tests to help determine ‘reasonably foreseeable’ risks: common, industry and expert knowledge
- The difference between criminal law and civil law in relation to safety and health
- The possible outcomes of not working within the law
- Where to find help and guidance for working within the law
- The key parts, and the elements of each part, of a health and safety management system
- The key benefits of introducing a health and safety management system
- Why leadership is an essential part of a health and safety management system
Module five: Understanding hazards
- The six main hazard categories and how hazards can fall into more than one group:
- Common hazards in the workplace, their effects and symptoms and how to manage them. Hazards covered are:
- aggression and violence
- computer workstations
- confined spaces
- drugs and alcohol
- getting in and out
- manual handling
- plant and machinery
- slips and trips
- vehicles and transport
- any other relevant hazards
Module six: Investigating incidents
- Definition of the terms ‘incident’, ‘accident’ and ‘near miss’
- Reasons to investigate incidents
- The benefits of incident investigation
- Definition of the terms ‘immediate’, ‘underlying’ and ‘root’ causes in relation to incidents
- The actions to be taken following an incident
- Incident reporting
- The stages of a structured approach to incident investigation
Module seven: Measuring performance
- The three essential principles for good safety and health performance
- What types of information performance indicators can give to help improve safety and health in the workplace
- The characteristics of good key performance indicators
- The differences between ‘proactive’ and ‘reactive’ performance indicators
- What is meant by ‘auditing’
- The two types of auditing: internal and external
- Types of evidence used in an audit
- A 25 question, multiple format assessment paper taken on the last day of the course
- A risk assessment based project that is completed after the classroom days and submitted
Data protection in the workplace (GDPR conformant)
Importance of collecting, using and saving personal and sensitive data appropriately to protect individuals’ rights and uphold an organisation’s reputation.
£25.00 + VAT
Driving at work
An International Workplace course to explore the various hazards, risks and controls associated with driving motor vehicles at work
£15.00 + VAT
An online course covering environmental issues associated with business activities to protect the business as well as the environment
£15.00 + VAT
ILM Level 3 Award - Public Classroom
Effective management requires a particular skill set and the ILM Level 3 training course at our London Executive Centre equips you with these skills.