IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries - Online
£349.00 + VAT
This IOSH accredited eLearning course ensures managers and supervisors in the marine and subsea industries are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
Start studying in just a few clicks
£314.10 + VAT when booked online!
IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries is a 24 hour health and safety training course that International Workplace provide. This course is based on the standard IOSH Managing Safely syllabus with extra attention to the marine and subsea industries.
The IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries Certificate delivered via e-learning is perfect for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office during their studies. The course provides underpinning knowledge to personnel in supervisory or management covering a broad spectrum of HSE topics. These include: identifying workplace hazards; controlling risks; and legal issues such as applicable legislation and a company’s legal obligations.
This course has been produced in partnership with Safer Training, a specialist service company catering to the needs of subsea operators, marine contractors, oil and gas companies, and also to training providers servicing these industry sectors.
As a leading centre for approved IOSH training, International Workplace has delivered IOSH training courses for over 15 years and has helped thousands of people gain this qualification. This course is full of step-by-step guidance and has a sharp business focus. The hands on, jargon-free format engages and inspires, and has helped a huge range of businesses to raise standards of health and safety. Having successfully completed the assessments, candidates will be issued with an IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries Certificate.
- Certificated and approved by IOSH, an internationally renowned Health and Safety body
- Reduce costs from avoidable insurance claims and solicitors’ fees
- Greater flexibility
- Course and examination taken at the delegates pace
- Unlimited email and telephone tutor support
- Student can study from their workplace or home
- Zero travel and accommodation costs
By the end of the IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the terms 'hazard' and 'risk'
- Evaluate risk using a structured risk assessment approach
- Identify and implement appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions
- Be involved in preparing written risk assessments
- Understand and have input into their organisation's health and safety policy and management system
- Cooperate and communicate on health and safety matters
- Ensure that their own work and that of the employees for whom they are responsible is carried out safely, i.e. without undue risk to themselves and others
- Report relevant accidents and incidents
- Identify methods of monitoring how safe their workplaces are
The IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries course is for managers and supervisors in the Marine & Subsea Industries. It’s designed to give managers all they need to know to help handle health and safety in their teams. It is ideal for getting managers up-to-speed on the skills they need to tackle health and safety issues in the workplace.
On succsesfull competion of the courses assessments, delegates will be issued with an IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries Certificate
The IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries course has no entry requirments
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our Pass Promise scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a Pass Promise scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
Module 1: Introducing managing safely
- Your health and safety duties as a manager
- The importance of managing safely in the workplace
Module 2: Assessing risks
- Defining risk
- What a risk assessment is and why theyare important
- How risk assessments are carried out
Module 3: Controlling risks
- How to recognise and reduce risks
- Adopting the best method of risk control
Module 4: Understanding your responsibilities
- Introduction to the legal system and relevant legislation
- How to implement a health and safety management system
Module 5: Identifying hazards
- Identifying common hazards
- Managing common hazards in the workplace
Module 6: Investigating accidents and incidents
- Why you should investigate accidents and incidents in the workplace
- How accidents and incidents happen
- How to carry out an accident investigation
Module 7: Measuring performance
- How performance measurement can improve health and safety
- How to measure health and safety performance
- An introduction to auditing
Module 8: Protecting our environment
- The impact of industry on the environment
- Control of pollution and waste
- Main element of an environmental
- A 30 question multiple choice exam for which you will have 30 minutes to complete
- A risk assessment based project that is completed offline and submitted
The IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries eLearning course is optimised for desktop users and Flash Player is required
CIPD Level 3 Award in Delivering Learning and Development Activities
An understanding of the key principles of enabling employees to acquire new knowledge and skills
An IOSH Approved course covering the key requirements of the UK’s Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the ILO’s Fire safety action checklist
£25.00 + VAT
ILM Level 3 Award - Public Classroom
Effective management requires a particular skill set and the ILM Level 3 training course at our London Executive Centre equips you with these skills.
£1,350.00 + VAT
Introduction to health and safety
Online training in the essential issues related to health and safety at work and the key areas when considering potential hazards