IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - In Company
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can this refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
Enquire now for pricing information.
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is a one day health and safety training course that International Workplace provide that can be taken at anytime after completing the full IOSH Managing Safely course to ensure that the accreditation remains valid.
The IOSH Managing Safely Certificate Refresher delivered In Company offers a very cost-effective means of addressing the needs of many employees and is perfect for organisations that have a cohort of employees who all need to study the course. During the course the tutor will guide your delegates through the syllabus leading to the end of course examination which takes place on the same day. High levels of contact time make classroom study ideal for people who prefer to share experiences with fellow students and have the opportunity to ask questions and gain direct feedback. In addition the material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation. The course is designed to provide continued support to managers dealing with health and safety issues in the workplace. Specifically, the course aims to revisit key management responsibilities from the Managing Safely course and update relevant changes in good practice guidance, legislation and standards. As a leading centre for approved IOSH training, International Workplace has delivered IOSH training courses for over 15 years and has helped thousands of people maintain this qualification. Having successfully completed the assessment, candidates will be issued with refreshed certificate for their IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
In Company benefits:
- Full, face to face tutor support
- Examination taken on the same day
- Guaranteed pass scheme – students can be given further access to our e-learning course if they need to retake the course free of charge
- Training at your site or chosen location to cut down on travel time and cost
- Certificated and approved by IOSH, an internationally renowned Health and Safety body
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Minimum disruption to work activities: the course and its assessments all take place during the 24 hour course
- Reduce costs from avoidable insurance claims and solicitors’ fees
We can also run the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher online or as a blended option with a mix of both elearning and classroom.
Download the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher brochure for further information
For anyone who has completed an IOSH Managing Safely previosuly
Delegates must have completed a Managing Safely course within the last three years
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our Pass Promise scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a Pass Promise scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
1. Introducing managing safely
- Revisiting the moral, legal and financial reasons for managing health and safety and how this is an integral part of the manager’s role
2. Assessing risks
- Definitions of hazard, hazardous event, risk, likelihood and consequence
- Factors to consider when carry out a risk assessment
- Illustration of a simple risk rating system
3. Controlling risks
- Revisiting risk control selection and the best methods to choose, including consideration of ‘reasonably practicable’
4. Understanding your responsibilities
- Recap on managers’ health and safety responsibilities
- Review of the demands of the law and update on significant relevant changes in legislation
- Update on any significant changes in health and safety management system good practice and standards
5. Investigating accidents and incidents
- Definitions of accident, incident and near miss
- Main causes of accidents: immediate, underlying and root
- Accident investigation process
6. Measuring performance
- Importance of measuring performance for improving health and safety
- Use of key performance indicators and the limitations of reactive and pro-active measuring
- Purpose and setting up of audits (internal and external)
A short multiple choice exam
There is no practical assessment for the Refresher course.
An international Workplace course to help premises managers, occupiers and contractors comply with their duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012.
£15.00 + VAT
Equality in the Workplace
Essential guidance for employees on equality and diversity to meet the requirements of the UK Equality Act 2010.
£15.00 + VAT
The International Workplace eLearning Library
A 12-month subscription to our range of 17 eLearning courses that provides an ideal introduction for onboarding and ongoing compliance purposes