IOSH Safety for Senior Executives - In Company
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.
Enquire now for pricing information.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
This new and improved course combines content from each of the previous courses and allows senior staff to be trained consitantly no matter the size of their organisation. All face to face courses will now be delivered to this new syllabus.
IOSH Safety for Senior Executives is a one day health and safety training course that International Workplace provide designed for people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within organisations with more than 250 employees. If your organisation has fewer than 250 employees then we also run the IOSH Directing Safely.
The IOSH Safety for Senior Executives Certificate delivered in company offers a very cost-effective means of addressing the needs of many employees and is perfect for organisations that have a cohort of employees who all need to study the course. During the course the tutor will guide your delegates through the syllabus leading to the end of course examination and assessment which takes place on the last day of the course. High levels of contact time make classroom study ideal for people who prefer to share experiences with fellow students and have the opportunity to ask questions and gain direct feedback. In addition the material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation.The Health and Safety Executive fully appreciates the role that good safety leadership has on an organisation’s safety performance. “Good safety is good business” is its ethos and this is reflected in the HSE guidance aimed at board members, directors and other senior managers in all organisations. This message needs to bedriven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance of safety culture and personal accountability is clearly understood. Upon successful completion, delegates will be awarded an IOSH Safety for Senior Executives Certificate.
Course topics include:
- Board and Senior Management accountabilities.
- Corporate Manslaughter and personal liabilities.
- Benefits of having a good safety culture and an effective risk management system.
- Top level indicators of health and safety performance.
- Key actions for the board, directors and senior managers.
In Company benefits:
- Full, face to face tutor support
- The material can be tailored to the needs of the individual organisation
- Open forum enables delegates to discuss internal Health and Safety strategy
- End of course assessment taken on the same day
- Training at your site or chosen location to cut down on travel time and cost
By the end of this course successful delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate that health and safety should be managed from the top layers of management
- Understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision-making and effective supply chain management
- Be aware of the consequences of failing to manage health and safety
- Understand the principles of a management system with the benefits of continual improvement and annual reporting
- Understand the requirements of current legislation with the potential consequences of non-compliance upon their organisation and themselves
If you have a senior team that would prefer to study the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives online then we can also arrange a session at your premises on a date that suits you.
Download the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives brochure for further information
Directors, Vice Presidents, Senior Executives and other senior managers who have the responsibility for policy making and strategic planning for health and safety within larger organisations of 250 or more employees.
On succsesfull competion of the courses assessments, delegates will be issued with an IOSH Safety for Seniore Executives Certificate
No formal entry requirements although designed for Directors, Vice Presidents and Senior Executives.
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our Pass Promise scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a Pass Promise scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
- Basic principles of health and safety – the cost of accidents to the business.
- Concept of safety management – policies, procedures and systems of work.
- Importance of health and safety plans and objectives.
- Management of occupational risk.
- The legal framework – criminal and civil, corporate manslaughter.
- Corporate and personal liabilities.
- Enforcement arrangements.
- Safety leadership – key actions a senior manager can take.
- Reviewing your health and safety performance and risk management arrangements.
- Short multiple choice examination
Data protection in the workplace (GDPR conformant)
Importance of collecting, using and saving personal and sensitive data appropriately to protect individuals’ rights and uphold an organisation’s reputation.
£25.00 + VAT
Equality in the Workplace
Essential guidance for employees on equality and diversity to meet the requirements of the UK Equality Act 2010.