Managing Absence Training
Essential guidance on the different types of absences, and how to manage each type effectively.
Enquire now for pricing information.
High levels of employee absence are a significant cost to an organisation. Absence can have a serious impact on the level of service to customers, productivity or an increased burden on those staff that are at work. The consequences of this could be low morale and increased stress. There are also direct cost implications for the organisation, such as an increase in expenditure resulting from overtime or the use of agency staff.
Standard course content:
- Introduction and objectives
- Reasons to manage sick absence
- The legal context and the importance of procedures and records
- Equality Act and dispute resolution procedures.
- Short-term or intermittent sick absence
- Long-term sick absence
- Stress, disability, pregnancy
- Action plans
If you have a specific requirement then we can tailor the course content and vary the duration depending on what depth of knowledge you or your team require. This course will help managers and supervisors to achieve this important responsibility by focusing on the different types of absences, and how to manage each type effectively. The course will be theory-based with practical exercises included.
Benefits to your organisation
- This course will help give your management the knowledge and confidence that they need to control levels of absence in your organisation, make sure you fulfil your duty of care toward your employees, and make sure you are complying with relevant legislation.
- Managing absence effectively will help reduce expenditure for overtime and agency staff, as well as making sure your workforce and its productivity is not disrupted and you are able to maintain good levels of service to your customers.
- A consistent and clear approach to absence will help reduce resentment from other workers, decrease stress within the company and improve staff morale.
An international Workplace course to help premises managers, occupiers and contractors comply with their duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012.
£15.00 + VAT
Data protection in the workplace (GDPR conformant)
Importance of collecting, using and saving personal and sensitive data appropriately to protect individuals’ rights and uphold an organisation’s reputation.
£25.00 + VAT
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - eLearning
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can take this eLearning refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
£149.00 + VAT
Practical guidance on lifting and carrying in the workplace, covering the requirements of the UK’s Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
£15.00 + VAT
Online training on risk assessments to ensure your organisation meets its basic commitments to providing a safe work environment