Managing accidents and incidents
£15.00 + VAT
An International Workplace course to help manage accidents and incidents whilst reducing their impact.
Subscribe and save
Subscribe to our full eLearning course library which includes 17 short courses for only £1 + VAT per person per monthOur eLearning library
In the UK alone, in just one year, 27 million working days were lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury. Accidents and incidents in the workplace have a major impact on a business’ staff, customers, reputation and bottom line.
Thi online course looks at how accidents and incidents happen and the financial, moral and legal reasons to reduce their impact. The course will also look at the reasons for reporting accidents and incidents, and the legal procedure for doing so.
Managing accidents and incidents is a 30 to 40 minute introductory level eLearning course designed to introduce the formal categorisations of different workplace incidents, the potential costs for organisations and the people involved, and the duties that employees and employers have to report and investigate these events in conjunction with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: 808a4027-9a80-4060-af47-9f215f8d961b
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between accidents, incidents and near misses
- Understand the consequences of workplace accidents and incidents
- Understand employee and employer responsibilities with regard to reporting and investigating accidents and incidents
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain a certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
The course is designed for those with no previous knowledge of managing accidents and incidents, and no experience with the UK’s reporting procedures.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive an International Workplace certificate
This IOSH approved course has no formal entry requirements.
Unit 1: Defining accidents, incidents and near misses
- Definitions of accidents, incidents and near misses
- Common causes of accidents and incidents
Unit 2: The impact of accidents, incidents and near misses
- Personal and professional consequences of workplace accidents and incidents
- Direct and indirect results of workplace accidents and incidents
Unit 3: Good reporting techniques
- Principles of an effective reporting regime
- Employees’ responsibilities to record and report accidents, incidents and near misses
- Accidents and incidents reportable under RIDDOR
Unit 4: Investigations
- Reasons for reporting and investigating accidents and incidents
- Employers’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to accident and incident investigations
Unit 5: Course assessment
Ten-question multiple-choice online assessment
SCORM conformant. Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers. Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
ILM Level 5 Award - Public Classroom
Develop skills in core leadership and management abilities such as inspiring colleagues and delivering results.
£1,650.00 + VAT
IOSH Corporate Health and Safety Briefing
The essential guide for directors and senior managers with strategic responsibility for implementing their organisation’s health and safety management.