Managing discipline and grievance training
Designed for maintaining standards of behaviour in the workplace, conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations, hearings and appeals.
Enquire now for pricing information.
It is essential that managers deal with discipline and grievance in a consistent, fair and legal manner in accordance to policy, procedure, best practice and legislation. Disciplinary situations are those that involve breaches in standards of conduct and wilful under-performance. Grievances can be raised at any time by employees based on any issue, large or small, that they have with a colleague, manager or organisational policies, practices and procedures.
This training course is ideal for those who have a responsibility for maintaining standards of behaviour in the workplace, conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations, hearings and appeals.
The core modules include:
- Recognise the difference between informal and formal disciplinary and grievance situations.
- Understanding what is a capability matter and what is a conduct matter.
- The legislative framework.
- The use of suspension in disciplinary situations
Then choose three of the following modules to suit your organisation:
- The role of the work colleague / trade union representative.
- Linking misdemeanour with sanction.
- Understanding what constitutes gross misconduct.
- How to conduct a grievance investigation.
- Understand how an appeals procedure works.
This training course can be tailored to your requirements reflecting your own procedures and can also be pitched at the relevant level for your organisation, from introductory to intermediate to advanced.
Benefits to your organisation
- This course will help you to control both disciplinary and grievance situations, thus reducing the amount of management time required and the subsequent stress involved.
- By adopting a consistent and fair approach to these situations and handling them correctly you will not only make sure you comply with relevant employment legislation but also reduce the potential costs of Tribunals and damage to your company’s reputation.
CIPD Level 3 Award in Contributing to the Process of Job Analysis
Develop an understanding of how the principles and practice of job analysis and design fits within the broader professional area of organisation design.
IOSH Managing Safely in the Marine & Subsea Industries - Online
This IOSH accredited eLearning course ensures managers and supervisors in the marine and subsea industries are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Day release
An essential day release qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety