£25.00 + VAT
IOSH approved practical guidance on lifting and carrying in the workplace, covering the requirements of the UK’s Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
This course has been reviewed and approved by IOSH as one of 11 IOSH approved courses that meet its high quality standards of content and learning.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: bd521a23-859d-46e6-95c5-64d6ba7c8995
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
Lifting, moving and carrying objects, large or small, is a part of our daily working lives, but are we performing these tasks safely, and being mindful of the effects incorrect techniques may have on our body, health and lifestyle?
This IOSH approved online course identifies what manual handling means, what considerations should be made before beginning a manual handling task, and the components of a good lifting technique in order to reduce the risk of a related injury from occurring.
Our Manual Handling introductory level eLearning course is 30 to 40 minutes in length. The course is designed to introduce people to the hazards associated with everyday manual handling tasks and the best practice techniques and control measures that should be considered to aid safe working and avoid injury.
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- The types of injury that can be caused by poor manual handling techniques, and the types of occupations with which they are commonly associated;
- Common causes of workplace injury, the significance of manual handling injuries, and the benefits of appropriate risk controls;
- Appropriate actions that can be taken to reduce the risk from manual handling injuries, including;
- The controls that might be applied to reduce the risk of harm form a number of different manual handling activities; and
- The factors that need to be considered when carrying out a manual handling risk assessment.
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain an IOSH-approved course certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
This IOSh approved course is designed for people with who have no previous knowledge of the potential hazards and risks when performing manual handling tasks.
On successful completion of this IOSH approved course, delegates will recived an IOSH stamped certificate
This IOSH approved course has no entry requirments
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our guaranteed pass scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a guaranteed pass scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: What is manual handling?
- Defining a manual handling task
- The effects of poor manual handling techniques
- How common are manual handling injuries?
- Defining musculoskeletal disorders
- Exploring the effects of a work-related injury
Unit 3: General considerations to be made before manual handling
- Introducing the T.I.L.E method
- Recognising the risks of moving difficult loads
- Reducing the risks from carrying a load
- Identifying appropriate control measures
- Identifying appropriate manual handling equipment
Unit 4: Identifying the components of a good lifting technique
- Identifying good and bad lifting techniques
- Considerations before lifting and carrying and object
- Lifting and carrying – the three stages
- Considerations when lifting from low levels
Unit 5: The manual handling risk assessment
- Considerations of a risk assessment
- Undertaking an assessment for manual handling activities
- Recognising the potential related hazards
- Reducing the associated risks
Unit 6: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
Driving at work
An IOSH Approved course to explore the various hazards, risks and controls associated with driving motor vehicles at work
£25.00 + VAT
First aid essentials
IOSH Approved essential guidance for first responders on the basics of first aid, the use of CPR and automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
£25.00 + VAT
IEMA Leading with Environmental Sustainability - In Company
This senior level course provides a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability to top level management.
IOSH Managing Safely - eLearning
This IOSH accredited eLearning course ensures managers and supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities when it comes to health and safety.
£299.00 + VAT
NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
The UK's leading Fire Safety Qualification