Manual Handling Train the Trainer
For in-company trainers and supervisors who are responsible for the welfare of staff who undertake manual handling operations as part of their work
Enquire now for pricing information.
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended 2002) require employers to train staff involved in manual handling activities. With large numbers or high turnover of staff, it can sometimes prove more cost effective to have the training resource in your own company. This course is designed to enable staff to acquire sufficient knowledge and training competence to be able to prepare and deliver in company training to those staff at risk from manual handling activities, and to thus meet the above legislative requirements. It also incorporates the recent Health and Safety Executive guidance on ‘labelling loads’.
With large numbers or high turnover of staff, it can sometimes prove more cost effective to have the training resource in your own company. This course is designed for in company trainers and supervisors who are responsible for the welfare of staff who undertake manual handling operations as part of their work.
Learn how to:
- Create and deliver a basic manual handling training course
- Reduce risk of injuries to new employees
- Provide refresher training to existing employees
Benefits to your organisation:
Trained staff who are fully aware of the implications of manual handling. They will be able to train new employees in correct lifting methods and also provide refresher training to existing employees
- Legal requirements / duties of employer and employee
- The harm that poor manual handling causes
- Safe lifting and handling techniques (inc team lifts)
- Relevant personal protective equipment requirements
- Preparing / undertaking manual handling assessments
- Control of manual handling risks
- Labelling of loads
- The principles & techniques of training
- Preparing the training course and venue
- Assessing the attendees’ understanding of the course
In company training:
This course is run on an in house basis at your premises anywhere in the world and at a time that suits you. If you would like further information about our in company options then speak to one of our course advisors now on 0333 210 1995 or fill in an enquiry form and we will get in touch with you.
Subject related eLearning:
The IOSH approved Manual handling eLearning course identifies what manual handling means, what considerations should be made before beginning a manual handling task, and the components of a good lifting technique in order to reduce the risk of a related injury from occurring.
For more information on the eLearning course, visit the Manual handling course page.
First aid essentials
IOSH Approved essential guidance for first responders on the basics of first aid, the use of CPR and automated external defibrillators (AEDs).