Slips, trips and falls
£15.00 + VAT
Guidance on how slips and trips are caused, how to spot possible hazards, why preventing them is important and what can be done to tackle them
Subscribe and save
Subscribe to our full eLearning course library which includes 17 short courses for only £1 + VAT per person per monthOur eLearning library
Slips and trips are the most common cause of injury at work. On average, they cause 40 per cent of all reported major injuries and can also lead to other types of serious accidents, for example falls from height. Slips and trips are also the most reported injury to members of the public.
This online course explains the measures that employers and employees may need to implement to help prevent slips, trips and falls. It also looks at many simple ways to control the risks of slips, trips and falls to prevent accidents in your workplace.
Our Slips, Trips and Falls introductory level eLearning course is 30 to 40 minutes in length. The course is designed to introduce the consequences of accidents caused by slips, trips and falls, the common causes of slips, trips and falls in the workplace and also how they can be reduced in the workplace.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: c3f69b92-88a1-4c42-b318-e205b409bb82
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the consequences of accidents caused by slips and trips
- Identify the common causes of slips and trips in the workplace
- Appreciate the ways in which slips and trips can be prevented in the workplace.
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain a course certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
This course is designed for everyone who may fall foul to a slip, trip or fall at work but no prior knowledge is required
On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive an International Workplace certificate
This course has no entry requirements
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: The slip, trip and fall problem at work
- the prevalence of slips, trip and fall injuries in the workplace; and
- the life-changing consequences of injuries caused by slips and trips.
Unit 3: Common causes of slips and trips
- the causes of slip hazards;
- the causes of trip hazards; and
- the factors that influence slips and trips in the working environment
Unit 4: Prevention measures for slips and trips
- the control measures that can be used to prevent slip hazards by keeping slippery substances off the floor;
- the control measures that can be used to prevent slips where contamination can’t be avoided; and
- how building design and appropriate maintenance and housekeeping regimes can help eradicate trip hazards.
Unit 5: Course assessment
- Ten-question multiple-choice online assessment
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management - Online
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management, which leads to IEMA Associate membership, is one of the most sought-after qualifications in environmental management.
£399.00 + VAT
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - Online
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can this eLearning refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
£149.00 + VAT
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - Public Classroom
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can this refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
£249.00 + VAT
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.
£249.00 + VAT
Online training on risk assessments to ensure your organisation meets its basic commitments to providing a safe work environment