Slips, trips and falls
£25.00 + VAT
IOSH Approved guidance on how slips and trips are caused, how to spot possible hazards, why preventing them is important and what can be done to tackle them
This course has been reviewed and approved by IOSH as one of 11 IOSH approved courses that meet its high quality standards of content and learning.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: c3f69b92-88a1-4c42-b318-e205b409bb82
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
Slips and trips are the most common cause of injury at work. On average, they cause 40 per cent of all reported major injuries and can also lead to other types of serious accidents, for example falls from height. Slips and trips are also the most reported injury to members of the public.
This IOSH approved online course explains the measures that employers and employees may need to implement to help prevent slips, trips and falls. It also looks at many simple ways to control the risks of slips, trips and falls to prevent accidents in your workplace.
Our Slips, Trips and Falls introductory level eLearning course is 30 to 40 minutes in length. The course is designed to introduce the consequences of accidents caused by slips, trips and falls, the common causes of slips, trips and falls in the workplace and also how they can be reduced in the workplace.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the consequences of accidents caused by slips and trips
- Identify the common causes of slips and trips in the workplace
- Appreciate the ways in which slips and trips can be prevented in the workplace.
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain an IOSH-approved course certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
This IOSH Approved course is designed for everyone who may fall foul to a slip, trip or fall at work but no prior knowledge is required
On successful completion of this IOSH approved course, delegates will recived an IOSH stamped certificate
This IOSH approved course has no entry requirments
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our Pass Promise scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a Pass Promise scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: The slip, trip and fall problem at work
- the prevalence of slips, trip and fall injuries in the workplace; and
- the life-changing consequences of injuries caused by slips and trips.
Unit 3: Common causes of slips and trips
- the causes of slip hazards;
- the causes of trip hazards; and
- the factors that influence slips and trips in the working environment
Unit 4: Prevention measures for slips and trips
- the control measures that can be used to prevent slip hazards by keeping slippery substances off the floor;
- the control measures that can be used to prevent slips where contamination can’t be avoided; and
- how building design and appropriate maintenance and housekeeping regimes can help eradicate trip hazards.
Unit 5: Course assessment
- Ten-question multiple-choice online assessment
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
Controlling hazardous substances (COSHH)
This course explores the hazards, risks and safety measures associated with various liquids, powders and gases that are used in a range of working environments.
£25.00 + VAT
Display screen equipment (DSE)
Explains the risk and control measures that can be implemented in the working environment to ensure DSE is used safely.
£25.00 + VAT
NEBOSH International General Certificate - Online
An essential qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety outside of the UK