Stress and workplace wellbeing
£25.00 + VAT
IOSH Approved course covering causes and effects of work-related stress and the UK Health and Safety Executive stress management standards
This course has been reviewed and approved by IOSH as one of 11 IOSH approved courses that meet its high quality standards of content and learning.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: 47a44052-cd1e-4094-b332-69cd5377f9cb
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
Essential guidance for workers and managers, based on the UK Health and Safety Executive’s Management Standards. Managers have a legal duty of care to ensure that their employees are not harmed by work-related stress.
This IOSH approved online course serves to provide practical support through exploration of the Health and Safety Executive’s Management Standards, and reflects on the various manifestations of stress-related behaviour through case studies and scenarios.
Stress and workplace wellbeing is a 30 to 40 minute introductory level eLearning course that explores the issue of wellbeing and what contributing factors can contribute to or cause stress, affect mental health, and how these factors can be managed more effectively within the workplace.
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- The meaning of wellbeing, and the definition of work-related stress
- The causes of work-related stress
- The health effects of work-related stress
- The role that employers, managers and employees all play in managing stress and promoting wellbeing
- How organisations can manage and control the risk from work-related stress
- What you can do to look after yourself and your colleagues
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain an IOSH-approved course certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on Intwo, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners. Find out more about Intwo Express and Intwo Exchange via our Learning platform page.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
This IOSH Approved course is designed for people who have no previous knowledge of this subject or who are unfamiliar with the self-management techniques to recognise and alleviate the associated symptoms
On successful completion of this IOSH approved course, delegates will recived an IOSH stamped certificate
This IOSH approved course has no formal entry requirements.
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our guaranteed pass scheme. This means that should a delegate fail any part of the course, International Workplace will provide free access to the eLearning course until all assessments have been passed.
We provide a guaranteed pass scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: Understanding stress and workplace wellbeing
- How common is stress the workplace?
- Defining wellbeing
- Exploring what affects our wellbeing
- Defining stress
- Identifying the duties of managers, employees and employers
Unit 3: Understanding the causes of work-related stress
- The possible causes of work-related stress
- How stress is displayed in our behaviour
- Exploring how employers can help
Unit 4: Understanding the impact of work-related stress
- Recognising the effects, behaviours and feelings caused by stress
- Identifying causes of stress in the workplace
- Identifying the impact of stress on an individual and their workplace
Unit 5: Managing stress and promoting wellbeing at work Data security, policies and procedures
- Recognising when pressure is leading to stress
- Understanding our emotions
- The Health and Safety Executive’s Management Standards
- Implementing the Management Standards
- Taking measures to alleviate stress
Unit 6: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
CIPD Level 3 Award in Delivering Learning and Development Activities
An understanding of the key principles of enabling employees to acquire new knowledge and skills
IEMA Managing with Environmental Sustainability - In Company
Provides a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their specific industry and work area.