CIPD Level 3 Award in Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management
The techniques to achieve organisational performance through the creation of high performing employees.
Enquire now for pricing information.
Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management is a CIPD accredited course that gives an understanding of the techniques to achieve organisational performance. The course is completed across 2 days in the classroom followed by 14 hours of elearning. Assessment is via a practical assignment and quizzes and questions completed via elearning.
This course provides an introduction to the purpose and processes of performance and reward management and related good practice. It will cover motivational theories and tools used in performance and reward management as well as the impact these can have on business objectives. Students will learn the necessary skills to conduct and follow-up performance reviews. The course will also cover the role of financial and non-financial benefits and factors involved in reward decisions. Students will develop a performance review briefing document and undertake a role play assessment to demonstrate their competence in leading performance reviews.
Successful delegates will understand:
- The link between organisational success, performance management and motivation
- The relationship between performance management and reward
- How to conduct a performance review in line with best practice
- How to contribute to performance and reward management within your organisation
Completing this CIPD training course will give students six credits towards completing their Certificate in HR Practice or Diploma in HR Practice, or will result in a CIPD Award if completed on its own.
- Motivational theories (Maslow, Herzberg, Vroom and Alderfer) and how these can be used to enable managers to identify the techniques to motivate individual employees
- How motivational theories can be used to establish an effective link between performance and reward
- How performance management contributes to organisational success
- Performance management tools
- The benefits and disadvantages of appraisals from the perspective of the organisation, the manager and the employee
- Key skills for conducting a performance review meeting which leads to improved performance and maintains employee morale
- Setting objectives and managing poor performance
International Workplace can also provide this qualification at a location and time that suits you as an In Company course. In house training can be delivered anywhere in the world. For more information please fill in an enquiry form or call our team - 0871 777 8881
Download the CIPD Level 3 Award in Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management brochure for further information
- those aspiring to, or embarking on, a career in HR
- those working in an HR support role who wish to develop their knowledge and contribute to the performance and reward process
- anyone with responsibility for managing the performance of a team, or any aspect of reward, but who are not in an HR function
Successful completion of the course will result in the achievement of a CIPD Award for supporting good practice in performance and reward management. Students will receive a certificate from CIPD.
This is an open access qualification. However, the course will benefit you most if you already have some relevant HR / L&D experience. You will also need access to email and the internet.
The course takes 30 hours to complete and is delivered via blended learning. Students will spend 2 days in the classroom (16 teaching hours), and complete 14 hours of e-learning in their own time.
Students will complete a practical assessment during the classroom session as evidence of the skills and knowledge gained. Students will also work through e-learning which takes the format of information, questions and quizzes designed to develop and extend knowledge gained in the classroom.
09.00 Welcome and objectives
09.15 Motivational theories
10.00 Purpose of performance management
10.45 Components of performance management
11.30 Appraisal content and DVD
13.15 Appraisal preparation and structure
14.15 Setting objectives
15.30 Difficult situations
15.45 Practice for practical assessment
09.00 Queries from day 1
09.10 Managing poor performance
10.45 Being and employer of choice
11.15 Total reward
13.15 Ensuring reward policies are fair
15.30 Practical assessments
16.00 Supporting documents briefing
CIPD Level 3 Certificate in HR Practice - Fast Track
Whether you are at the start of your career or want to gain a professional qualification in order to further your career, this course will give you the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to...
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management - Online
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management, which leads to IEMA Associate membership, is one of the most sought-after qualifications in environmental management.
£399.00 + VAT
IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001 2015 - In Company
For organisations that are implementing or maintaining an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.