Display screen equipment (DSE)
£15.00 + VAT
Explains the risk and control measures that can be implemented in the working environment to ensure DSE is used safely.
Display Screen Equipment (DSE) has become more commonplace in our daily lives, both professionally and socially, but are we using this technology correctly and being mindful of the effects it may have on our long-term health and fitness?
Display Screen Equipment is a 30 to 40 minute online course designed to introduce people to the considerations of using display screen equipment as part of their daily working lives. This introductory course describes what DSE is, explores the health issues that can arise from its use, and identifies safety precautions that can be taken in order to reduce related health problems that may affect productivity and lifestyle.
Save time! Save Money!
Our new online DSE assessment tool
With our brand new interactive tool you can ensure your teams are working safely, without the expense and hassle of conducting individual DSE assessments.
Find out more
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: What constitutes DSE?
- What are DSE devices?
- Where we find DSE in the workplace
- Who is considered a DSE user?
- Calculating your DSE usage
Unit 3: Issues associated with DSE use
- Effects on physical health
- Effects on mental wellbeing
- How common can related issues be?
Unit 4: Common safety precautions for DSE
- Creating precaution checklists
- Managing DSE use through working practice
- Setting up a workstation: equipment, posture and workspace
- The importance of DSE assessments
- Considerations for portable devices
Unit 5: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
Designed for DSE users with no prior knowledge of the best practice principles of safe use and helps individuals to assess their own workstation environment against the guidance provided by the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- Instant access
- 30-40 mins study time
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email us now.
- SCORM conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads.
Driving at work
An International Workplace course to explore the various hazards, risks and controls associated with driving motor vehicles at work
£15.00 + VAT
Equality in the Workplace
Essential guidance for employees on equality and diversity to meet the requirements of the UK Equality Act 2010.
£15.00 + VAT
IOSH Corporate Health and Safety Briefing
The essential guide for directors and senior managers with strategic responsibility for implementing their organisation’s health and safety management.