Waste Management prevent and manage
A practical and interactive course focusing on reducing waste, ensuring compliance and the business benefits from effective management.
Enquire now for pricing information.
Our Waste Management – prevent and manage course provides comprehensive coverage of a complex, frequently changing and costly issue for all organisations. It is a practical and interactive one-day training course focusing on reducing waste, ensuring compliance and the business benefits from effective management. The course will cover broader waste management issues including the business case for waste management, resource efficiency techniques and tips to identify where cost savings can be made.
The Duty of Care under the revised Waste Framework Directive came into effect on 12 December 2010, and has implications for businesses throughout the UK. The course provides a practical and interactive focus on waste legislation, demonstrating hands-on compliance and action plans to help you manage waste efficiently. Recent case law examples will be examined to highlight typical non-compliant management and operational practices.
08.45 - 09.15 Registration
- Looking at waste – importance of prevention
- Waste management options
- Waste and environmental impacts
- Waste trends in the UK
11.30 Waste law and policy
- Duty of care
- Hazardous waste
- Producer responsibility
13.30 Compliance management
- Managing compliance
- Role of the Regulators
14.30 Practical strategies
- Collecting and managing waste data
- Managing waste – practical strategies to prevent and reduce waste
- On the horizon – what the future holds
Who should attend:
- Facilities and Premises Managers
- Environmental Managers and Advisors
- Waste Managers
- Office Managers
This course will help you to:
- Define which regulations apply to your organisation and to what extent
- Understand your compliance requirements
- Implement waste management controls and demonstrate compliance
- Develop waste minimisation programmes and achieve cost savings
This session will give you:
- An appreciation of environmental issues
- An understanding of the ways in which an organisation impacts on the environment
- An appreciation of how environmental issues can be incorporated into the management of an organisation
- An understanding of environmental legislation
- An awareness of the means of assessing an organisation’s environmental performance
- An understanding of the ways in which an Environmental Management System operates
An International Workplace course covering the key requirements of the UK’s Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the ILO’s Fire safety action checklist
£15.00 + VAT
IEMA Leading with Environmental Sustainability - Public Classroom
This senior level course provides a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability to top level management.
IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001 2015 - In Company
For organisations that are implementing or maintaining an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.
£249.00 + VAT
NEBOSH Construction Module
The UK's leading health and safety certificate for the construction industry
£1,499.00 + VAT
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Day release
An essential day release qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety