Introduction to health and safety
£15.00 + VAT
Online training in the essential issues related to health and safety at work and the key areas when considering potential hazards
Health and safety is a phrase that is commonly used, but what does this term actually stand for in the workplace? This course introduces the various approaches that can protect people from harm and create a culture of working safely.
Introduction to health and safety is a 30 to 40 minute online course designed to communicate the importance of taking health and safety seriously in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act. This introductory course looks at how the health, safety and welfare of employees is safeguarded in the workplace and the common hazards and risks that could be found in most work environments.
Course creation date: 4 November 2016
Course unique reference number: 01694eab-f556-456d-8e4e-ba2376040b3b
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
Unit 1: What is health and safety?
- The reality of health and safety at work
- Health and safety at work in perspective
- Does good health and safety make business sense?
- What do we mean by health and safety?
Unit 2: Who is responsible in your organisation?
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
Unit 3: Recognising common workplace hazards
- Protecting yourself in the workplace
- Identifying hazards in the workplace
- Examining the hazards
- Individual behaviours
Unit 4: Control measures to help improve health and safety
- Risk assessment
- Hierarchy of control
- First aid
- Safety signs
- Welfare facilities
- Information and training
Unit 5: Course assessment
- Ten question multiple-choice online assessment
At the end of the course you should have an understanding of:
- why health and safety is important to everyone;
- why health and safety is important within an organisation;
- how following health and safety procedures is applicable to everyone;
- the existence of the HSWA;
- common hazards in the workplace;
- general health and safety best practice and control measures;
- where to find further information within your organisation; and
- the importance of personal behaviour (vigilance, compliance, using safety measures, appropriate training, reporting issues).
- Instant access
- 30-40 mins study time
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
Stress and workplace wellbeing
Online course covering causes and effects of work-related stress and the UK Health and Safety Executive stress management standards