IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
£249.00 + VAT
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.
“Good safety is good business” is its ethos and this is reflected in the HSE guidance aimed at board members, directors and other senior managers in all organisations. This message needs to be driven down through the organisation so that at all levels, the importance of safety culture and personal accountability is clearly understood.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is an 8-hour health and safety training course that International Workplace provide designed for people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within organisations of any size. The IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Certificate delivered via elearning is perfect for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office during their studies as you can study when you like, where you like and at the speed that suits you. The interactive course will guide you through the syllabus leading to the end of course assessments, plus you will also receive tutor support when you need it from a bank of highly skilled tutors. The Health and Safety Executive fully appreciates the role that good safety leadership has on an organisation’s safety performance. Upon successful completion, delegates will be awarded an IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Certificate.
Course topics include:
- Board and Senior Management accountabilities.
- Corporate Manslaughter and personal liabilities.
- Benefits of having a good safety culture and an effective risk management system.
- Top level indicators of health and safety performance.
- Key actions for the board, directors and senior managers.
- Greater flexibility
- Course and examination taken at the delegates pace
- Unlimited email and telephone tutor support
- Student can study from their workplace or home
- Zero travel and accommodation costs
By the end of this course successful delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate that health and safety should be managed from the top layers of management
- Understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision-making and effective supply chain management
- Be aware of the consequences of failing to manage health and safety
- Understand the principles of a management system with the benefits of continual improvement and annual reporting
- Understand the requirements of current legislation with the potential consequences of non-compliance upon their organisation and themselves
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
This new and improved course combines content from each of the previous courses and allows senior staff to be trained consistently no matter the size of their organisation. All face to face courses will now be delivered to this new syllabus.
If you have a senior team that would prefer to study in a classroom, then we can also arrange a session at your premises on a date that suits you covering the new IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors.
Directors, Vice Presidents, Senior Executives and other senior managers who have the responsibility for policy making and strategic planning for health and safety within larger organisations of 250 or more employees.
On successful completion of the courses assessments, delegates will be issued with an IOSH Safety for Senior Executives Certificate
No formal entry requirements although designed for Directors, Vice Presidents and Senior Executives.
- Basic principles of health and safety – the cost of accidents to the business.
- Concept of safety management – policies, procedures and systems of work.
- Importance of health and safety plans and objectives.
- Management of occupational risk.
- The legal framework – criminal and civil, corporate manslaughter.
- Corporate and personal liabilities.
- Enforcement arrangements.
- Safety leadership – key actions a senior manager can take.
- Reviewing your health and safety performance and risk management arrangements.
- Completion of a personal statement which is submitted for assessment
This course runs on Flash which is no longer supported by some browsers and mobile devices.
Flash support is due to end in 2020.
IOSH Working Safely - eLearning
This IOSH accredited eLearning course offers health and safety basics - designed for people at any level in any sector.
£99.00 + VAT
NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
The UK's leading Fire Safety Qualification