NEBOSH National General Certificate
An essential qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety
Enquire now for pricing information.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health day release and fast track courses are well recognised and respected by employers in all sectors and will provide you with a qualification that is the benchmark standard against which others are compared. This NEBOSH accredited course provides valuable training in the overview of health and safety issues and is for many the first step in their health and safety career.
The duration of study for the full NEBOSH National General Certificate is a minimum of 80 hours tuition plus 53 hours private study, homework using past papers and background reading. We always receive positive feedback from our students about the 10 day NEBOSH certificate course and our expert tutors.
Why study for your NEBOSH National General Certificate?
- Achieve compliance with UK health and safety law
- Cut the health and safety risks that apply in your workplace
- Understand the principles involved in managing safety and assessing potential hazards
- Save your company money by cutting the costs of expensive consultants, and avoiding costly remedial action
- Protect your organisation’s reputation as a professional business
Download the NEBOSH National General Certificate brochure for further information
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The certificate helps them manage risks effectively. Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
On succsesfull competion of the courses assessments, delegates will be issued with a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
A good standard of verbal and written English
The syllabus is divided into three parts:
- NGC1 – The management of health and safety
- GC2 – Controlling workplace hazards
- GC3 – Health and safety practical application
Assessment is by an end examination comprising two written papers (Papers NGC1 and GC2) and a practical assessment (GC3). The practical assessment consists of carrying out a safety inspection of a workplace and preparing a management report.
Unit NGC1 Management of health and safety
- Element 1: Foundations in health and safety
- Element 2: Health and safety management systems – plan
- Element 3: Health and safety management systems – do
- Element 4: Health and safety management systems – check
- Element 5: Health and safety management systems – act
Unit GC2 Controlling workplace hazards
- Element 1: Workplace hazards and risk control
- Element 2: Transport hazards and risk control
- Element 3: Musculo-skeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 4: Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Element 5: Electrical safety
- Element 6: Fire safety
- Element 7: Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Element 8: Physical and psychological health hazards and control
Unit GC3 Health and safety practical application
An international Workplace course to help premises managers, occupiers and contractors comply with their duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012.
£15.00 + VAT
Data protection in the workplace (GDPR conformant)
Importance of collecting, using and saving personal and sensitive data appropriately to protect individuals’ rights and uphold an organisation’s reputation.