Managing equality and diversity
There's an increasing need for Managers to understand and manage equality and diversity in the workplace, mostly due to social responsibility and legislation.
Delegates will study what successful organisations look like and how they go about managing an inclusive workplace, resulting in productive and motivated employees.
This half day course is ideal HR professionals wanting to learn and plan their workplace equality and diversity policies and processes.
Outline and content
- Delegates will learn about the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- The course covers an overview of the Equality Act 2010:protected characteristics and legal compliance for employers and employees
- Look at examples of how discrimination might occur in the workplace
- Consider how to challenge and resolve discriminatory employee behaviour
- How to make reasonable adjustments to promote equality, diversity inclusion
- Equality and diversity policy in practice: communication, monitoring and evaluation
- Equality and diversity assessment and action plan
- This half a day International Workplace course will provide delegates with an overview of the Equality Act 2010.
- At the end of this in-house classroom course, delegates should leave with the confidence to understand and deal with issues relating to discriminatory behaviours in the workplace and how to put things right when things go wrong.
Up to 12 people.
No formal assessment.
International Workplace certificate of attendance.