Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) awareness
Every year a significant number of workers have their health affected by exposure to hazardous liquids, dusts, gases, vapours, fumes and biological agents.
By ensuring your employees are fully aware of the potential dangers of the substances they work with, and understand what safe systems of work need to be applied, you can help avoid putting your employees at risk of being made ill.
This course has been updated to include the new European Regulation on the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Substances and Mixtures.
Outline and content
- Types of hazardous substances associated with your working practices
- Typical health effects and symptoms
- Where to find safety information about the substances you use
- Steps in conducting a COSHH risk assessment
- How to employ adequate control measures, e.g. using personal protective equipment
- Dealing with spillages
Undertaking this training will demonstrate that the organisation has properly identified potential hazardous substances and that employees have received appropriate training and information to recognise the dangers, understand what safe systems of work need to be followed, and are prepared to deal with any spillages and leakages.
Half a day.
Up to 12 people.
No formal assessment.
Certificate of attendance.