IOSH training by virtual classroom and in-house
- Flexible delivery timeframe and tailored content
- Live training support and online workbooks
- Public and private courses - up to 14 people
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is a one day health and safety training course that International Workplace provide designed for those who have overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation, responsibility for determining and implementing effective safety and health management and monitoring its success. An example of which would be people employed in a Director’s role; owners of small to medium sized enterprises or Executive/non-Executive Directors of larger organisations with governance structures.
Consistently high customer feedback rating:
Outline and content
1. Basic principles of health and safety
- Health and safety defined
- Moral, financial and legal drivers
- Defining your ‘safety culture
2. The legal framework – a general overview
- Civil law – claims for compensation
- Criminal law
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Corporate manslaughter
3. Enforcement and what could happen
- Incident investigation – video exercise
- Corporate v individual liabilities
- Avoiding corporate manslaughter
- Role of the Enforcement Authority
- HSE's expectations for risk management
4. Managing health and safety in your organisation
- Best practice models - integrating H&S into the business
- The Plan/Do/ Check/Act model - putting it into practice
- Risk profiling & risk assessment
- Roles & responsibilities – who should be doing what?
- How well are you doing?
- Measuring performance – ‘good’ v ‘bad’ indicators
- Taking action to address shortcomings
5. Course summary & end assessment
- Open forum
Having attended this IOSH in-house training course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the health and safety roles and responsibilities of Senior Executives.
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives.
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision making and effective supply chain management.
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively.
- Understand the principles of health and safety management, the importance safety culture and continual improvement and the role of regular reviews of health and safety performance within the organisation.
Up to 15 people
Delegates will be expected to complete an IOSH approved assessment at the end of the course.
Those who achieve a mark of 65% or higher on their end of course assessment, will be awarded an IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors Certificate.