NEBOSH National Construction Certificate
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is specially designed for managers, supervisors and CDM coordinators within the construction industry who are responsible for safe practice on-site. It is a recognised qualification for anyone involved with the management of buildings who need to be confident that contractors are working safely.
Upon completing the course students will understand the main legal requirements relating to construction work and will be able to undertake effective safety inspections on a construction site.
Outline and content
• Element 1: Construction law and management
• Element 2: Construction site hazards and controls
• Element 3: Vehicle and plant movement – hazards and control
• Element 4: Musculoskeletal hazards and control
• Element 5: Work equipment – hazards and risk control
• Element 6: Electrical safety
• Element 7: Fire safety
• Element 8: Chemical and biological health – hazards and risk control
• Element 9: Physical and psychological health – hazards and risk control
• Element 10: Working at height – hazards and risk control
• Element 11: Evacuation work and confined spaces – hazards and risk control
• Element 12: Demolition and deconstruction – hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2 Practical exam
Assessment is by an end examination comprising of a written paper (NCC1) and a practical assessment (NCC2). A unit certificate is issued denoting successful completion of each unit. Students who hold the NEBOSH National General Certificate (or have passed the NGC1 module) in the last five years will not need to re-sit any units already achieved.
- Achieve compliance with UK health and safety law
- Cut the health and safety risks that occur on your construction sites
- Save your company money by cutting the costs of expensive consultants and avoiding costly remedial action
- Protect your organisation’s reputation as a professional business
- Enhance your CV with a world renowned health and safety qualification
In order to gain the full NEBOSH National Construction Certificate delegates have to complete the NEBOSH NGC1 (National General Certificate). It is recommended that delegates study the NGC1 Certificate before completing the Construction Certificate, but it is not essential. We run the NGC1 Certificate as a five day classroom course and delegates booking both will receive a further discount.
Five days tuition plus addiional private study, homework using past papers and background reading.
Up to 12 people
Assessment is by an end examination comprising of a written paper (NCC1) and a practical assessment (NCC2). A unit certificate is issued denoting successful completion of each unit.
On successful completion of the courses assessments, delegates will be issued with a NEBOSH Construction Module Certificate. Students who hold the NEBOSH National General Certificate (or have passed the NGC1 module) in the last five years will receive the full NEBOSH Construction Certificate.