7 October 2002
BIFM to Badge Legal Update Journal
The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) has announced it is to promote the Facilities Management Legal Update journal, published by the Workplacelaw Network. The journal will in future be
published in association with BIFM and RICS.
Facilities Management Legal Update has been published since February 1997, and is now in its sixth year. It has consistently been the first publication to break the latest legal news to facilities managers, notably changes to fire safety, disability access, and asbestos management regulations.
As a part of the association with the Workplacelaw Network, BIFM members will now be able to subscribe to the Facilities Management Legal Update deal at a discount of 10% off the normal rate of £129 per year.
Publishing Director at the Workplacelaw Network Ciaron Dunne said: “We have been talking to the BIFM for some time now about the benefits of working together to help the FM industry become more widely recognised. We believe this joint initiative will help to put both the BIFM and the journal even more firmly on the map.”
For further information on the BIFM’s support of the Facilities Management Legal Update journal, please contact Samantha Colella at the Workplacelaw Network on 0870 777 8881 or Jackie Roberts at the BIFM on (01799) 508608.
Notes for editors
1. Since its formation in 1993, the British Institute of Facilities Management has remained the fastest growing professional body in the United Kingdom. Most of the members are individual professionals and there is an increasing corporate membership from organisations providing goods and services.
BIFM promotes the highest standards of professional conduct through its stated objectives which are to:
- Promote and develop the science and understanding of Facilities Management
- Provide a national professional qualification – BIFM Qual
- Provide support through training, education, information and research
- Provide Continuing Professional Development through presentations, meetings and visits
- BIFM is a professional organisation. Its members subscribe to a Code of Conduct
2. The Workplacelaw Network is the UK’s fastest growing legal support service for business, serving over 17,000 UK organisations with legal information on employment, health and safety, and premises management. The Workplacelaw Network publishes information in hard copy and electronic formats, as well as providing public training. Further information is available at www.workplacelaw.net or from: The Workplacelaw Network, Fourth Floor, Janus House, 46 St. Andrew’s Street, Cambridge CB2 3AH, tel. 0870 777 8881.
3. Facilities Management Legal Update is a monthly journal published by the Workplacelaw Network, ISSN: 1366-9699. Subscription rates are UK 12 months £129, Overseas 12 months £172, UK 24 months £245.10, Overseas 24 months £287.10. A 10% discount is applicable to all BIFM members. More information online at www.workplacelaw.net/eshop.
4. The Workplacelaw Network is running a free legal clinic at FM Expo at Earls Court, from 22-24 October. Visit stand A44 for more information.