23 January 2003
New Briefings on Asbestos and Planning Bill
Two new seminars may be of interest to Workplacelaw Network readers regarding the management of premises.
CIEF: Managing Asbestos - The New Regulations Explained
Delegates to this Construction Industry Environmental Forum event will gain an understanding of the recent changes in the Control of
Asbestos at Work Regulations, including: who the duty holders are and the practical steps that need to be taken in the property and
construction sectors. Speakers from Osborne Clarke, Casella Group, FPD Savills and the HSE.
Dates: London, 28/01/03. Glasgow, 30/01/03. For further information and to book places contact CIRIA on 020 7222 8891.
CMS Cameron McKenna: Real Estate Breakfast Briefing
The second event is being run by Workplacelaw Network stalwarts CMS Cameron McKenna, which is taking place on 25 February 2003. The breakfast briefing covers:
The new duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises
- Outline of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2002;br>
- New requirements for asbestos assessments, surveys and
management plans; and
- Responsibilities of landlords, tenants, managing agents
Review of the Planning Bill
- The development control system;
- Planning application procedures;
- Planning appeals;
- Major infrastructure projects;
- Regional strategies and development plans; and
- Compulsory purchase and compensation.
The event commences with registration and breakfast at 8.30am, for a 9.00am start. The seminar concludes at 10.20am.
Venue: CMS Cameron McKenna, Mitre House,
160 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4DD. Tel. 020 7367 3389 to book places.