New Policy Templates Help Crack Health and Safety
The Workplacelaw Network has issued the first seven in a series of customisable MS Word documents that employers can use to help comply with health and safety law.
Each document contains an MS Word template policy, together with comprehensive guidance notes to help managers adapt the policy for their own organisation. The first document, the Driving at Work Policy 1.0 (ISBN 1-900648-29-6, £74.99, 75 pp.) is an essential tool for managing the safety of occupational drivers. According to the RAC, only around 2 per cent of companies take their responsibilities for driver safety seriously.
Further titles now available in the Policies and Procedures series from the Workplacelaw Network include:
- Health and Safety Policy 1.0 (ISBN 1-900648-35-0, £59.99)
- Risk Assessment Policy 1.0 (ISBN 1-900648-32-6, £74.99)
- Data Protection Policy 1.0 (ISBN 1-900648-33-4, £34.99)
- Non-Contractual Disciplinary Policy and Procedure 1.0 (ISBN 1-900648-30-X, £49.99)
- Non-Contractual Grievance Policy and Procedure 1.0 (ISBN 1-900648-31-8, £34.99)
- Standard Employment Contract 1.0 (ISBN 1-900648-13-X, £34.50).
The documents have all been compiled by experienced practitioners, and are edited by senior business managers with some 30 years in the industry between them. All policies are reviewed by practising lawyers.
Documents can be purchased online and downloaded electronically from the Workplacelaw Network at http://www.workplacelaw.net/eshop.
Commenting on the launch of the Policies and Procedures series, Managing Director of the Workplacelaw Network David Sharp said: "Businesses have been asking us for standard documents they can customise for years. These documents are authoritative, up-to-date and really easy to download and use. They are a perfect addition to our range of legal services for busy people who just want the law in plain English."
Further information on the Policies and Procedures series is available from Sam Colella on 0870 777 8881, quoting ref. 1464.
Notes for editors
1. The Workplacelaw Network is the national legal support service for business, serving over 24,000 UK businesses with legal information and advice in the areas of employment, health and safety and premises management.
2. The Workplacelaw Network publishes Facilities Management Legal Update, the UK's leading monthly legal journal for facilities managers. The Network provides legal information to members of the British Institute of Facilities Management, International Facility Management Association and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
3. The new Policy and Procedures series from the Workplacelaw Network will contain a library of over 80 customisable MS Word documents written and reviewed by experts in the law and practice of managing the workplace. All documents will be downloadable from the Workplacelaw Network server at http://www.workplacelaw.net.
4. A full evaluation copy of these model policy documents is available free of charge to press only by contacting Sam Colella on 0870 777 8881, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.