7 June 2001
The Facilities Show 2001 - Workplace Solutions Success at the NEC!
The Facilities Show 2001 exceeded all expectations of show organiser, United Business Media International, through the amount of business conducted, record visitor attendance and the unprecedented success of The Facilities Show Conference, organised and run by Asset Information Ltd.
David Sharp, Managing Director of Asset Information, the publishers of workplacelaw.net, says: "Moving the Facilities Show to the NEC has clearly been a great success. As the organisers of the Facilities Show Conference we introduced a number of innovations into the programme - not least, the free keynote seminars, which were very well received. All in all, the conference attracted some three times more people than in previous years.
We are looking forward to next year's Facilities Show Conference, where we aim to make even better use of the NEC's location and facilities."
With 84 exhibitors and 4308* visitors business was booming. Trade attendance was up on the '99 event by 243% from 1,771 ABC audited visitors in 1999 to 4308* in 2001. Exhibitors at the event reflected on the quality of visitors that they saw. Bill Hughes, Sales Manager of Access IT Systems reflects: "What a response, we are still making appointments with the visitors that came onto our stand. We have yet to receive a negative response. It would seem that all the visitors we spoke to want to see our systems in more detail at their offices."
Pam Taylor, Marketing Director of MASS Systems continues: "An excellent show, very well attended by high quality facilities professionals. We have made some first class contacts that are already resulting in new business for us."
The 2001 event was most definitely a product of the success of the
re-location to the Birmingham NEC and the co-locations with the leading international fire, security and health events in the UK - IFSEC, Security Solutions, The International Fir EXPO, Safety & Health Expo and ACPO.
Reflecting on the positive response of the exhibitors, Simon Parker, UBMI's Event Director for the FM Market concludes: "The dates for The Facilities Show 2002 have been confirmed as 14 - 16 May. The overwhelming evidence of the take up by exhibitors for this years event, and the increase of trade visitors in attendance, confirms the status of The Facilities Show as the workplace solutions event."
*subject to ABC audit
Notes for Editors
1. The Facilities Show 2001 took place at the Birmingham NEC on 22-24 May 2001.
2. The conference was organised by Asset Information Ltd, in association with Masons and Eversheds solicitors. Speakers at the 3-day conference included Ian Fielder - Chairman of the BIFM, Roger Bibbings - Occupational Safety Adviser at RoSPA, and Professor Rudi Klein, Barrister-at-Law.
3. For information on the Conference, or to arrange interviews with any of the speakers, please contact Steven Erickson, Conference Manager at Asset Information on (01223) 511902.
4. For further information about the exhibition, or to exhibit at The Facilities Show 2002, please contact Chris Fountain, Event Manager at UBM International on 020 8987 7710.
5. Media enquires to Ciaron Dunne on (01223) 511902.