7 October 2002
BIFM Members to Receive Free Weekly Legal E-bulletin
The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) has announced it is to work with the Workplacelaw Network to produce a customised weekly e-mail bulletin to send to its members. The free e-bulletin service commences on the 14 October 2002.
BIFM members registered to receive the free e-bulletin will be updated every week with information on new legislation, and changes in the law and practice of managing the workplace.
The addition of the BIFM membership sees the recorded weekly readership of the e-bulletin rise to 22,000.
Commenting on the launch of the new service, Ian Harris, CEO of the BIFM said: “This is very good news for BIFM members who will be able to obtain easy access to the latest information about new legislation from an excellent source. This is the first of a series of BIFM initiatives to promote better FM access to knowledge and news."
BIFM members not registered to receive the service should visit www.workplacelaw.net/BIFM, where they can register online, or call BIFM’s membership services on (01799) 508608.
Notes for editors
1. Since its formation in 1993, the British Institute of Facilities Management has remained the fastest growing professional body in the United Kingdom. Most of the members are individual professionals and there is an increasing corporate membership from organisations providing goods and services.
BIFM promotes the highest standards of professional conduct through its stated objectives which are to:
- Promote and develop the science and understanding of Facilities Management
- Provide a national professional qualification – BIFM Qual
- Provide support through training, education, information and research
- Provide Continuing Professional Development through presentations, meetings and visits
- BIFM is a professional organisation. Its members subscribe to a Code of Conduct
2. The Workplacelaw Network is the UK’s fastest growing legal support service for business, serving over 17,000 UK organisations with legal information on employment, health and safety, and premises management. The Workplacelaw Network publishes information in hard copy and electronic formats, as well as providing public training. Further information is available at www.workplacelaw.net or from: The Workplacelaw Network, Fourth Floor, Janus House, 46 St. Andrew’s Street, Cambridge CB2 3AH, tel. 0870 777 8881.
3. Managing Director of the Workplacelaw Network David Sharp is available for interview. Please contact Samantha Colella on 0870 777 8881 to arrange details.
4. The Workplacelaw Network is running a free legal clinic at FM Expo at Earls Court, from 22-24 October. Visit stand A44 for more information.