8 August 2003
CMS Cameron McKenna Joins Workplacelaw Network
Leading international law firm CMS Cameron McKenna has joined the Workplacelaw Network, the UK's leading legal support service for workplace managers.
As a member of the Network, lawyers from the CMS Cameron McKenna will provide specialist online legal advice in the areas of real estate, property and FM contract law. Under a separate agreement, the Workplacelaw Network will now reproduce articles, case reports and commentary from the law firm for distribution to the Network's 32,000 online users.
Commenting on the partnership, Managing Director of the Workplacelaw Network David Sharp, said:
"We have developed a close working relationship with CMS Cameron McKenna over the last four years, particularly with regard to the firm's expertise in facilities management contracts. We are delighted they have agreed to join the Workplacelaw Network at this exciting time for us."
Marc Hanson, Partner at CMS Cameron McKenna, said: "We’re delighted to be involved. The Network provides a forum for all those involved in the workplace and our involvement highlights our commitment to the sector.”
CMS Cameron McKenna lawyers providing online advice include Marc Hanson and Mark Heighton, partners in the firm's facilities management and real estate groups. The service is only available to members of the Workplacelaw Network.
CMS Cameron McKenna joins other top law firms who are Workplacelaw Network members, including Kennedys, Martineau Johnson, MacRoberts, Masons, Osborne Clarke and Tarlo Lyons.
For more information, contact:
Fourth Floor, Janus House
46 St. Andrew's Street
Cambridge CB2 3AH
Tel. 0870 777 8881
Notes for Editors
1. About the Workplacelaw Network
The Workplacelaw Network is the UK's leading legal support service for workplace managers.
- The Workplacelaw Network supplies legal support and information to over 32,000 UK managers and employers, including property, HR and health and safety managers. The Network specialises in employment law, health and safety and premises management issues, combining legal and practical advice seamlessly across these areas.
- The Workplacelaw Network publishes the UK's leading legal journal for the FM market place (Facilities Management Legal Update), as well as a range of books and special reports on the management of the workplace. It also produces conferences and training on key legal issues in workplace management.
- The Workplacelaw Network produces a number of legal e-bulletins for professional institutes in the UK including the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
2. About CMS Cameron McKenna
CMS Cameron McKenna is a full service UK and international law firm advising businesses, financial institutions, public sector bodies and governments.
- The firm is ranked in the top ten in Europe with more than 140 partners, and some 800 legal advisers.
- Its international network of offices makes it one of the largest firms in Central & Eastern Europe. It also has offices in Hong Kong and exclusive alliances in Washington DC and Toronto. See www.law-now.com
- CMS Cameron McKenna is a founding partner of CMS, a transnational legal and tax services organisation providing integrated advice across national boundaries. It has more than 1,700 legal advisers and a total staff of over 3,500 based in 40 offices across 24 jurisdictions.
- Other CMS firms are: CMS Adonnino Ascoli & Cavasola Scamoni (Italy); CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre (France); CMS Derks Star Busmann (Netherlands); CMS von Erlach Klainguti Stettler Wille (Switzerland); CMS Hasche Sigle (Germany); CMS Lexcelis (Belgium) and CMS Strommer Reich-Rohrwig Karasek Hainz (Austria). See www.cmslegal.com