Introduction to redundancy and TUPE
Can be tailored to meet the needs of your business, allowing you to plan ahead and apply the law to specific situations
Enquire now for pricing information.
Dealing with possible redundancies or restructuring, or staff transferring from or to another company is now a common part of business life. Both senior managers and line managers need to understand the implications of all these situations, both so that they can plan responsibly and so that they can safeguard their organisation from risk of litigation.
The legislation and case law governing redundancy and TUPE (business transfers) is complex and continues to evolve. It is vital that senior managers plan ahead and can understand all the implications and how the law needs to be applied in their particular situation. International Workplace offer an introduction to redundancy and TUPE training course to help you through these complexities.
Standard course content:
- The legal definition of redundancy.
- Understanding consultation responsibilities and the use of employee representatives.
- Identifying who is at risk.
- Offences by corporate body (neglect, connivance, consent).
- Understanding how redundancy selection works.
- What is suitable alternative employment?
- What is TUPE and when does it apply?
- Who and what transfers?
- Informing and consulting appropriate representatives.
- The Economic / Technical or Organisational defence.
- Harmonising terms and conditions.
- Using tactics in commercial negotiations.
If you have a specific requirement then we can tailor the course content and vary the duration depending on what depth of knowledge you or your team require. The standard course is ideal for senior managers and line managers who need to understand the implications of redundancy and TUPE.
Benefits to your organisation
- Redundancy and TUPE legislation is complex and continually evolving, so this course will provide you with information that you can understand to help you plan responsibly and safeguard against the risk of potential litigation.
- This in-house course can be tailored to meet the needs of your business, allowing you to plan ahead and apply the law to specific situations that you may be faced with.
CIPD Level 3 Diploma in HR Practice - Fast Track
Whether you are at the start of your career or want to gain a professional qualification in order to further your career, this course will give you the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to...
£2,345.00 + VAT
Facilities management legal update
Essential for all premises and facilities managers who need to get to grips with the latest changes in the law and regulation of the workplace.
£399.00 + VAT
NEBOSH International General Certificate - Online
An essential qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety outside of the UK