Appraisal training for managers
Will provide your managers with the confidence and knowledge to get the most from your appraisal system and facilitate their team's development.
Enquire now for pricing information.
‘If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it’ is an old dictum and it succinctly sums up the case for performance management. Annual appraisals are one technique available to your managers to enable them to successfully manage and motivate their teams. However, it is vital that managers are trained to deliver appraisals consistently across the organisation, or their time is wasted and the benefits are lost.
The standard course programme covers:
- How to prepare for and structure the appraisal discussion
- How to set individual objectives whilst aligning to organisation and team objectives
- How to listen effectively
- Using the right questions
- Managing perception versus reality
- Practical experience of conducting an appraisal
- Dealing with difficult situations
- How to build rapport
- Giving constructive feedback
This training course can be tailored to your requirements reflecting your own appraisal system and job roles and can also be pitched at the relevant level for your organisation, from introductory to intermediate to advanced. We can also run a session for your employees to ensure they are getting the most out of the appraisal process.
Benefits to your organisation:
- Managers carrying out ‘bad’ appraisals are more detrimental to the organisation than no appraisals being carried out at all; this course will give your managers a tool to help them successfully manage their teams.
- Training your managers to engage fully with the process and to be consistent throughout will ensure that you do not waste any time, gain the most from your employees and help to increase their motivation and productivity.
- Effective training gives managers the confidence to involve their staff in the process, set meaningful objectives and deal with any ‘awkward’ situations that may arise.
CIPD Level 3 Certificate in HR Practice - Fast Track
Whether you are at the start of your career or want to gain a professional qualification in order to further your career, this course will give you the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to...
£1,799.00 + VAT
ILM Level 5 Award - Public Classroom
Develop skills in core leadership and management abilities such as inspiring colleagues and delivering results.
£1,650.00 + VAT
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors - eLearning
This course ensures safety culture and personal accountability is driven down through the organisation, so that at all levels, the importance is clearly understood.
£249.00 + VAT
Stress and workplace wellbeing
IOSH Approved course covering causes and effects of work-related stress and the UK Health and Safety Executive stress management standards