Appraisal training for managers
Will provide your managers with the confidence and knowledge to get the most from your appraisal system and facilitate their team's development.
Enquire now for pricing information.
‘If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it’ is an old dictum and it succinctly sums up the case for performance management. Annual appraisals are one technique available to your managers to enable them to successfully manage and motivate their teams. However, it is vital that managers are trained to deliver appraisals consistently across the organisation, or their time is wasted and the benefits are lost.
The standard course programme covers:
- How to prepare for and structure the appraisal discussion
- How to set individual objectives whilst aligning to organisation and team objectives
- How to listen effectively
- Using the right questions
- Managing perception versus reality
- Practical experience of conducting an appraisal
- Dealing with difficult situations
- How to build rapport
- Giving constructive feedback
This training course can be tailored to your requirements reflecting your own appraisal system and job roles and can also be pitched at the relevant level for your organisation, from introductory to intermediate to advanced. We can also run a session for your employees to ensure they are getting the most out of the appraisal process.
Benefits to your organisation:
- Managers carrying out ‘bad’ appraisals are more detrimental to the organisation than no appraisals being carried out at all; this course will give your managers a tool to help them successfully manage their teams.
- Training your managers to engage fully with the process and to be consistent throughout will ensure that you do not waste any time, gain the most from your employees and help to increase their motivation and productivity.
- Effective training gives managers the confidence to involve their staff in the process, set meaningful objectives and deal with any ‘awkward’ situations that may arise.
CIPD Level 3 Award in Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employee Relations
An insight into the legal requirements impacting the employment relationship from start to finish
Display screen equipment (DSE)
Explains the risk and control measures that can be implemented in the working environment to ensure DSE is used safely.
£25.00 + VAT
An IOSH Approved course covering the key requirements of the UK’s Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the ILO’s Fire safety action checklist
£25.00 + VAT
IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001 2015 - Public Classroom
For individuals that are responsible for implementing or maintaining an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - Online
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can this eLearning refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
£149.00 + VAT
IOSH approved practical guidance on lifting and carrying in the workplace, covering the requirements of the UK’s Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992