£15.00 + VAT
An international Workplace course to help premises managers, occupiers and contractors comply with their duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012.
Subscribe and save
Subscribe to our full eLearning course library which includes 17 short courses for only £1 + VAT per person per monthOur eLearning library
With estimates of around 5,000 deaths a year due to asbestos-related diseases in the UK alone, the management of asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) is a major safety concern for anyone responsible for building work or maintenance where asbestos may be present.
In the UK there is an explicit legal duty contained with The Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012 to carry out asbestos awareness training.
This eLearning course will help you understand the risks from asbestos in the workplace, identify the different products and uses of asbestos, and avoid disturbing asbestos during your work.
Asbestos awareness is a 30 to 40 minute introductory level eLearning course designed to introduce those who may work with ACMs to where asbestos may be found, and the practical steps they should take to ensure that any planned maintenance is in conjunction with the CAR Regulations.
Course creation date: 22 June 2016
Course unique reference number: daad85e3-1247-4940-9046-bed3cb915e12
Version number: 1.0
Format: HTML 5
Interoperability: SCORM 1.2 compatible
Browser compatibility: multi-browser supported
Hardware compatibility: responsive, works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs
At the end of the course you will have an awareness of:
- The different types of ACMs and where they may commonly be found.
- The health implications associated with asbestos.
- How to manage asbestos, including drawing up an asbestos management plan.
- Instant access, 30-40 mins study time.
- Study when you like, where you like, through our online International Workplace Academy.
- Gain an IOSH-approved course certificate on successful completion of the course.
Businesses can save money with discounted rates for multiple learners, or buy access to this course as part of a subscription to the Health and safety induction series.
For smooth eLearning delivery with real-time tracking and powerful reporting, you can run this course on SELMA, our cloud-based learning platform, for an unlimited number of learners.
If you already have your own learning management system (LMS), this course is SCORM 1.2 conformant so you can plug and play this and all our other eLearning course into your existing system with no problems.
Book online now, or to arrange a demonstration, call us on +44 (0)333 210 1995 or email our course advisors.
This course is designed for those with no previous knowledge of asbestos, or who are unfamiliar with the UK’s legal requirements in reducing exposure to a building’s occupants.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an International Workplace course certificate.
This course has no formal entry requirements.
Unit 1: Course introduction
- Aims and learning outcomes
Unit 2: What is asbestos?
- What asbestos is and where it can be found
- What asbestos was historically used for
- The basic principles of managing asbestos under the UK’s Asbestos Regulations
Unit 3: Asbestos-related illnesses
- The various diseases caused by asbestos:
- asbestos-related lung cancer; and
- Recognising the effects of asbestos-related diseases
Unit 4: Managing asbestos
- The purpose of an asbestos survey
- The purpose of an asbestos register
- How to complete an Asbestos Management Plan
Unit 5: Course assessment
- Ten-question multiple-choice online assessment
- SCORM 1.2 conformant.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome and Safari web browsers.
- Responsive design suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and iPads
Driving at work
An International Workplace course to explore the various hazards, risks and controls associated with driving motor vehicles at work
£15.00 + VAT
Managing accidents and incidents
An International Workplace course to help manage accidents and incidents whilst reducing their impact.