Emergency first aid at work level 2 award
Essential training to help you comply with health and safety regulations and provide emergency cover in your workplace.
Enquire now for pricing information.
When an employer's first aid needs assessment identifies that a first aider is not necessary, the minimum requirement is to appoint a person to take charge of first aid arrangements. The role of this appointed person includes looking after the first aid equipment and facilities and calling the emergency services when required. They can also provide emergency cover, within their role and competence, where a first aider is absent due to unforeseen circumstances. This Emergency First Aid at Work course takes place over one day.
- Personal safety, assessing the incident
- Reporting and recording of incidents as required by the HSE
- Contents of HSE approved first aid kit
- Unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation: adults
- Dealing with blood loss and shock
- Burns and scalds
- Heart attack
The qualification is assessed via written multiply choice question sheets and practical demonstration. Upon successful completion all students are awarded a recognised First Aid Certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Benefits to your organisation:
- Where the full three-day training course is not required, this course will provide up to date training in compliance with health and safety regulations, as well as emergency cover in your workplace.
- Ensuring you have on-site provision to deal with most first aid emergency situations means you may be able to save the lives of employees or reduce any serious or fatal injuries.
It is recommended that this qualification should operate on a ratio of a maximum of 12 learners to 1 tutor
Subject related eLearning:
The IOSH approved, First aid essentials eLearning course will help you get to grips with the basics of first aid, and supply the knowledge and skills that could help save a life. It features video demonstrations from trained first aid professionals.
For more information on the eLearning course, visit the First aid essentials course page.
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - eLearning
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can take this eLearning refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
£149.00 + VAT
IOSH Working Safely - eLearning
This IOSH accredited eLearning course offers health and safety basics - designed for people at any level in any sector.
£99.00 + VAT
NEBOSH National General Certificate - Day release
An essential day release qualification for anybody working in or looking to work in health and safety