IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - Online
£149.00 + VAT
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can this eLearning refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
Start studying in just a few clicks
£134.10 + VAT when booked online!
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is a 8 hour health and safety training course that International Workplace provide that can be taken at anytime after completing the full IOSH Managing Safely course to ensure that the accreditation remains valid.
The IOSH Managing Safely Certificate Refresher delivered via e-learning is perfect for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office during their studies as you can study when you like, where you like and at the speed that suits you. The interactive course will guide you through the syllabus leading to the end of course assessment, plus you will also receive tutor support when you need it from a bank of highly skilled tutors. The course is designed to provide continued support to managers dealing with health and safety issues in the workplace. Specifically, the course aims to revisit key management responsibilities from the Managing Safely course and update relevant changes in good practice guidance, legislation and standards. As a leading centre for approved IOSH training, International Workplace has delivered IOSH training courses for over 15 years and has helped thousands of people maintain this qualification. Having successfully completed the assessment, candidates will be issued with a refreshed certificate for their IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
- Certificated and approved by IOSH, an internationally renowned Health and Safety body
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Minimum disruption to work activities: the course and its assessments all take place during the 24 hour course
- Reduce costs from avoidable insurance claims and solicitors’ fees
- Greater flexibility
- Course and examination taken at the delegates pace
- Unlimited email and telephone tutor support
- Student can study from their workplace or home
- Zero travel and accommodation costs
Download the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher brochure for further information
For anyone who has completed an IOSH Managing Safely course previosuly
Delegates must have completed a Managing Safely course within the last three years.
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our Pass Promise scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a Pass Promise scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
1. Introducing managing safely
- Revisiting the moral, legal and financial reasons for managing health and safety and how this is an integral part of the manager’s role
2. Assessing risks
- Definitions of hazard, hazardous event, risk, likelihood and consequence
- Factors to consider when carry out a risk assessment
- Illustration of a simple risk rating system
3. Controlling risks
- Revisiting risk control selection and the best methods to choose, including consideration of ‘reasonably practicable’
4. Understanding your responsibilities
- Recap on managers’ health and safety responsibilities
- Review of the demands of the law and update on significant relevant changes in legislation
- Update on any significant changes in health and safety management system good practice and standards
5. Investigating accidents and incidents
- Definitions of accident, incident and near miss
- Main causes of accidents: immediate, underlying and root
- Accident investigation process
6. Measuring performance
- Importance of measuring performance for improving health and safety
- Use of key performance indicators and the limitations of reactive and pro-active measuring
- Purpose and setting up of audits (internal and external)
A short multiple choice exam
There is no practical assessment for the Refresher course.
The IOSH Managing Safely eLearning course is optimised for desktop users and Flash Player is required
IEMA Leading with Environmental Sustainability - Public Classroom
This senior level course provides a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability to top level management.
IEMA Making the Transition to ISO 14001 2015 - In Company
For organisations that are implementing or maintaining an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
An International Workplace course to assist employers, managers and individuals in managing the risks of lone working