IOSH Managing Safely Refresher - Online
£149.00 + VAT
To keep your IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, you can this eLearning refresher course anytime after completing the Managing Safely Certificate
Start studying in just a few clicks
£134.10 + VAT when booked online!
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is an 8 hour health and safety training course that International Workplace provide that can be taken at anytime after completing the full IOSH Managing Safely course to ensure that the accreditation remains valid.
The IOSH Managing Safely Certificate Refresher delivered via e-learning is perfect for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office during their studies as you can study when you like, where you like and at the speed that suits you. The interactive course will guide you through the syllabus leading to the end of course assessment, plus you will also receive tutor support when you need it from a bank of highly skilled tutors. The course is designed to provide continued support to managers dealing with health and safety issues in the workplace. Specifically, the course aims to revisit key management responsibilities from the Managing Safely course and update relevant changes in good practice guidance, legislation and standards. As a leading centre for approved IOSH training, International Workplace has delivered IOSH training courses for over 15 years and has helped thousands of people maintain this qualification. Having successfully completed the assessment, candidates will be issued with a refreshed certificate for their IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
- Certificated and approved by IOSH, an internationally renowned Health and Safety body
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Minimum disruption to work activities: the course and its assessments all take place during the 24 hour course
- Reduce costs from avoidable insurance claims and solicitors’ fees
- Greater flexibility
- Course and examination taken at the delegates pace
- Unlimited email and telephone tutor support
- Student can study from their workplace or home
- Zero travel and accommodation costs
Download the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher brochure for further information
For anyone who has completed an IOSH Managing Safely course previosuly
Delegates must have completed a Managing Safely course within the last three years.
Full support until you pass
This IOSH course benefits from our Pass Promise scheme. This means that should a delegate fail two exam attempts, International Workplace can reset the course free of charge in order for you to re-study and pass.
We provide a Pass Promise scheme for all of our courses with an eLearning option so even if you study via an alternative method you still recieve free access should you fail any part of the course.
1. Thinking back:
- Revisit the moral. Legal and financial reasons for managing health and safety
2. Assessing risk
- Definitions of hazard, hazardous event, risk, likelihood and consequence
- Factors you need to consider when carrying out a risk assessment
- Risk rating system
- Hierarchy of control
- Concepts of ‘reasonably practicable’ and ‘reasonable foreseeability’
- Residual risk
- Types of hazard
- A sensible approach to risk management
3. The legal framework
- A review of the legislation the underpins health and safety in the UK
- The differences between civil and criminal law
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Guidance available to organisations
4. Understanding your responsibilities
- The main enforcement authorities and what can be expected from an enforcement visit
- Types of enforcement action
- Who can be affected by enforcement action
5. Health and Safety Management Systems
- The main elements of the health and safety management system]
- The purpose and scope of a health and safety policy
- Ways to measure performance
6. Investigating accidents and incidents
- Understanding the difference between accidents and incidents
- The importance of investigating accidents and incidents
- Reasons why accidents and incidents happen and what organisations can do to prevent them from recurring
- The key stages in undertaking an effective investigation that identifies the ‘root’ cause of the incident
- Steps that need to be taken in the event of an accident at work
7. Performance management
- The importance of measuring performance for improving health and safety
- The benefits of key performance indicators and the limitations of reactive and proactive measuring
- The purpose of setting up audits (internal and external)
A short multiple choice exam
There is no practical assessment for the Refresher course.
This course runs on Flash which is no longer supported by some browsers and mobile devices.
Flash support is due to end in 2020.
ILM Level 3 Award - Public Classroom
Effective management requires a particular skill set and the ILM Level 3 training course at our London Executive Centre equips you with these skills.